Basketball Does anyone collect their favorite college cards?

11UCBearcats

Bench Warmer
I don't know if I'm alone on this or not, but does anyone else collect autgraphed rookie cards with the senior season photos of players from their favorite college team? I just started doing this not too long ago and already have six or seven from Cincinnati. I like it because it brings back memories I have from what we in Cincinnati call the "Attitude Era" of Bearcat basketball with players like Kenyon Martin, Dermarr Johnson, Ruben Patterson, etc. Just wondering if anyone else does this!

I would if I could get my hands on some. I haven't been on the hunt for cards recently. I just bask in the glory of my small collection.

I don't personally, but the college I went to was mediocre anyway lol

Really though, everyone collects differently, and collecting college teams is one way out of many. I started collecting cards and kept them organized by sport, year, and set for over a decade. Now I'm breaking any uncompleted sets up and putting them into teams. Some people collect specific players, and/or teams, and collecting college cards is like that.

I don't know if I'm alone on this or not, but does anyone else collect autgraphed rookie cards with the senior season photos of players from their favorite college team? I just started doing this not too long ago and already have six or seven from Cincinnati. I like it because it brings back memories I have from what we in Cincinnati call the "Attitude Era" of Bearcat basketball with players like Kenyon Martin, Dermarr Johnson, Ruben Patterson, etc. Just wondering if anyone else does this!

No, but it sounds like a spirited and novel way to start collecting. Anyone can go to the card store and buy a pack. It is more interesting to search for specific cards. I will suggest this to my son who is almost past collecting cards. Thanks.

Not sure how this happened, but I have quite a few University of Michigan Football base cards from years past. I've taken them to the Card Shows and the only ones that sell are Denard Robinson.

Someday I'll list them on the site to see if anyone collects junk (hey, I'm a Michigan State Fan!)

I think collecting college cards would be great, but live to far away from my favorite college team. It does seem like a part of the hobby that seems to be growing by the year. Hopefully, it will grow even more in the coming decade.

I would if I could get my hands on some. I haven't been on the hunt for cards recently. I just bask in the glory of my small collection.
We weren't exactly looking for it but my kid was digging through a box of cheap cards, penny cards. In this mish-mash, he found Jordan's rookie card! He turned it in when he could have bought it for pennies--quite proud of him! I guess another customer had asked to see it and laid it down in the box, before we started looking. The shopkeeper, Swapmeet guy, was pretty grateful! Gave him some cards!

Oh, yeah! And it doesn't just stop at cards. I collect keychains, t-shirts stickers and any other memorabilia I can get from BU. I have a BU hockey hat, sweaters and hoodies now I just need to get some new t-shirts because mine are all worn out.

Hold on to these college cards tight. Some of these players might become greats like Jordan. To have their college card in your collection could be valuable.

Back