Does anybody use albums for their card collection?

I usually put a thick decoy card (closest to the thickness of the card I want in the slot) in first to stretch them out a bit before putting them in pages, but they do fit, even NASCAR relics fit and they are about the thickest there are, lol.
I have never tried that...I will look into this.

I was just thinking today, I have nice albums for my stamp collection and my coin collection, but my baseball cards sit in boxes stacked up. What's up with that! How do you guys store and/or display your collections?
I keep most of my collection in albums. Anything that isn't overly valuable I put in an album because it makes it much easier to look at.

I prefer to just use a nice high quality D-Ring binder. I just go to Target or Office Depot and pick up a binder...usually a nicer one with the plastic outer "slip cover" so I can put an image on the cover. For pages, I prefer Ultra-Pro Platinum as I have found them to be the higher quality.

Here is an example of one of my binders. This one contains a complete 1967 Topps football set (and an incomplete 1966 Philadelphia set). This was the first vintage set I assembled (sorry for the mess on my desk).

This is why I prefer the binders that have a clear plastic cover over them. They allow me to be a little creative and make an album cover. Here I made one in MS Word and inserted the 8.5x11 print out into the plastic on the outside of the binder to make a nice cover image for my 1975 Topps Baseball set project:

Here is a picture of many of my binders... have a few others "laying around"... and this does not include the wife's PC of Kyle Busch, P. Manning or the Detroit Lions... and let's not forget the plethora of cards that I have stashed away in boxes!

mc2.jpg

Most of my PC is in binders. Ultra pro 9 pocket the "Better Binder" from Staples (their brand) 4" D ring to be specific. MOST IMPORTANT! Store the binders upright! Laying them down flat and worse yet on top of each other causes damage due to the weight to the cards on the bottom!

Back