Football Detroit Lions trade Josh McCown and Mike Williams to Oakland for #105

I don't know what the problem was with Mike Williams. Maybe that year off really hurt him.

Coming out of USC I thought he was probably the best WR coming out since Randy Moss but he never really lived up to the hype.

I am a fan of Mike Williams so hopefully in Raider-Nation he can get his act together. This could be really good for the Raiders, they have Moss, Williams and Russell.....:eek:

I think the Lions will be better this coming season than they have been in the past.

McCown probably would never have seen the field in a Lions jersey unless Kinta got injured.

What do you guys think about this??

Thanks
Mike

I don't think it is stupid.

Mike Williams was third of fouth on the depth chart, there were games he didn't even play.

He had 1 TD last season against Dallas. The Lions aren't losing much here except potential.

McCown, him being off the team doesn't change anything. He didn't do anything for the Lions last season.

With Mike Williams being gone, the Lions have Roy Williams, Mike Furrey, Shaun McDonald, and Calvin Johnson. There is no room for Mike Williams.

Sure Mike Furrey and McDonald aren't your household names but Furrey had over 1000 yards receiving last year with nearly 100 catches (98 I think).

I am not saying the Lions are going to make the Playoffs this year but I think they will be a better team as long as they stay healthy.

Thanks
Mike

Well, Mike Williams wouldn't really be able to play much with Roy and Calvin. Those two would get all the scores. Going to Oakland, he can probably thrive very nicely. Russell will have a solid target in Moss and Williams' experience will be able to help.

the lions are probably one of, if not worst, managed teams in the NFL. why do this trade, it makes no sense to me. whoever they take with the 105th pick..i think thats in the fourth round? probably won't amount to much. Mike Williams i can understand them moving, but josh mccown? i figured he would be their Qb next year. Stang, you said "all their losing is potential" . isn't that what they are looking for? potential? mccown had potential to be a good QB. Kitna is getting older and was never really good in the first place. To me it seems their whole offense is just loaded like a gun, dangerously waiting to be fired. They could be the top offense in the league with a good QB. But im not saying mccown was gonna be that guy, but moving him AND your first round pick from a few years ago for a fourth rounder? please..they could've gotten a lot more value out of that deal

WoW Ok,
First,
Pre draft the raiders were looking to get mccrown so that they wouldn't have to draft jamarcus russel. Mccrown wants to start (i read this somewhere) and he was going to start in oakland. Second, Mccrown is nowhere near worthy of being called a vetran mentor to the rookie quaterback. Third, every time matt millen and the lions draft a wide out it is a bust. I also think the lions are poorly managed. You could take a child from the show are you smarter than a fifth grader and they would do a better job than matt millen does in Detroit.

Mike Williams: Was fat, bad attitude, didn't try.

McCown: Demanded trade. Didn't want to be a back-up.
We now have 3 QBs without him. Stanton, Orlovsky and Kitna.

Plus, he would never squeeze in there with CJ, Roy and Furrey.

Back