Racing Dale Jr... "this is why I can't win the Championship"

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
Okay, so Dale Jr. did not actually say that... but...

The first Cup Chase Race has not even started and Hendrick Motorsports have already started their media blitz.

"... the #88 Hendrick Motorsports team of Dale Earnhardt Jr. suffered a big blow to the pit crew. Rear Tire Changer Joe Slingerland was injure..."

Really? this is a "big blow" to the pit crew? HMS is basing it's Championship hopes on the rear tire changer?

(no... really... I am NOT a Dale Jr Hater..., okay... I'm not telling the truth here...)

jayski.com reports:

Dale Jr's tire changer out with broken wrist: This past Tuesday night the #88 Hendrick Motorsports team of Dale Earnhardt Jr. suffered a big blow to the pit crew. Rear Tire Changer Joe Slingerland was injured during a team outing and ended up with a broke wrist and concussion. It all went down at the U.S. National White Water Center in Charlotte on Tuesday night. During one of the events, the low ropes course, Tire Changer Joe Slingerland jumped from a log and went for the Cargo Net. "I had just gotten to the end of the log and when I went to jump for the Cargo Net I missed. My feet went through the net and my when I put my wrist down to break my fall it broke." Not only did Joe break a small bone in his wrist, but when he fell back wards he hit his head on a tree root and it knocked him out. The injury is not good but there might be some hope after all. Joe plans on seeing a doctor Friday and will get a better idea of the time table he's looking at. It could be as early as 3-4 weeks if things go good. Taking his place is veteran Tire Changer David Mayo. David was on the #48 HMS team during the middle of the year and spend 5 years with Penske Racing before that. The #88 team is a very good pit crew but rest easy Jr. fans, Mayo is a good veteran Changer and will be just fine during the Chase.

It may not appear to be a big deal, but actually yeah a slow tire changer can cost you 10-15 positions on the track, and you know how difficult it is to pass a car this year? Any car out front in clean air seems to have a huge advantage on the other cars. Go in the pits 1st on the last stop, and come out 12th, and your day is done. He'll be fine with the replacement tire changer. He has tons of experience.

Back