Football Cowher Resigns

rynesandbergfan23

Bench Warmer
PITTSBURGH -- Bill Cowher resigned as the Pittsburgh Steelers' coach Friday, stepping aside to spend more time with his family one year after winning the Super Bowl title he had chased since 1992.

The 49-year-old Cowher left with one year left on his contract following an 8-8 season that was a disappointment, especially after last season: The Steelers became the first team to win three playoff games on the road and then win the Super Bowl as a sixth-seeded AFC team

"History will look back on Bill Cowher as one of the great coaches of all time," Steelers chairman Dan Rooney said.

Full Story:
ESPN.com - NFL - Cowher resigns to spend more time with family

I think he left because of the disappointing year - if they had finished 12-4 and won their division I doubt hed have retired.

I believe hes only about 50 years old - do you think this will be a permanent vacation or will he return to coach in a year or two when the hunger hits him?

coltstopps said:
I think he left because of the disappointing year - if they had finished 12-4 and won their division I doubt hed have retired.

I believe hes only about 50 years old - do you think this will be a permanent vacation or will he return to coach in a year or two when the hunger hits him?
He didnt retire he resigned , he will be back . The reason he's taken a break is because he wants to spend more time with him family , has nothing to do with this year. My prediction he'll be back at the earliest when his daughter who is 16 graduates hs or 5 yrs max , I really believe he will miss the game and will come back .

I am not a Fan of Piisburgh But i liked Cowher a Lot, I had a lot of respect for him and wish him the best.

He will be back trust me.

Best wishes to Cowher and his Family. The man can coach. He will be back but not to the Steelers, I think. You know what they say, you can't go home again.

11chaos said:
Best wishes to Cowher and his Family. The man can coach. He will be back but not to the Steelers, I think. You know what they say, you can't go home again.
Tell that to Joe Gibbs,Ted Marchibroda ...im sure there more ;) , either way if he ever wanted to come back to the Steelers he is more than welcome.

I think Cowher has to much respect to go to the Browns, he would look good in Jacksonville Teal though (JK) Though i would like to have him.

I say he'll take some time off to be with his family, then he'll come back to coach at the college level. There was talk of him coaching for NC. Good luck to Coach Cowher in his endeavors, he's a class act. This Steeler fan's goin' to miss Cowher Power!

You have to believe he took time off to be with his family. I really dont think him coming back is as sure as everybody says it is. I think a good position would have to open to lure him back in.

Back