Contest closed! Woodman is our winner! June 9th Sports History Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Numbers taken 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 17, 22, 25, 26, 27,

New day, new guesses!

Numbers taken 2, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 17, 22, 25, 26, 27,

Keep guessing friends! One per member per day!

I was a race horse trainer and the best horse I ever saw race was John Henry. He was trapped behind a wall of horses in the stretch at the Meadowlands and exploded thru a tiny hole and won going away. What a heart he had. Big Red is regarded as the best that ever raced in the T-Bred world. Thanks for the auto.

@woodman

That is incredible!! How cool that you trained racehorses, that had to have been an awesome career!

John Henry was another fantastic racehorse, a powerful and majestic horse, beautiful too!Photo-1-John-Henry-wins-the-1981-Sword-Dancer-CREDIT-NYRA1.jpg

You are so welcome, the Big Red photo went to just the right collector!!

It was a great a career but we worked 365 days a year and then did our farming for the track also. Wife was a jockey for a few years. Rode mostly our horses. We decided to leave after 20+ years and I became a PE teacher K-3 for a more stable life. We had a daughter and while I loved the excitement, I have never regretted the decision. Thanks for the auto. You are right it will stay here with my daughter after I pass.

It was a great a career but we worked 365 days a year and then did our farming for the track also. Wife was a jockey for a few years. Rode mostly our horses. We decided to leave after 20+ years and I became a PE teacher K-3 for a more stable life. We had a daughter and while I loved the excitement, I have never regretted the decision. Thanks for the auto. You are right it will stay here with my daughter after I pass.
That is amazing, how cool that your wife was a jockey as well!! I rode and competed English Saddle for years when I was in middle and high school, never raced though, would have been awesome. Love horses and get my children chances to ride whenever possible....it never leaves a person!

I too work in education, I'm a school social worker, and would agree, it's a good stable life. My cousin and I were just talking about career choices yesterday, and how stability is often (wisely) what we seek as we go along in life....in any case, how awesome that you have that to look back on so fondly!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back