College Gameday Thread 11/28

Ben Jones doesn't forget when you rip out our Hedges!

d0fcbe9ea664af9729826b334058a0c0-getty-91911317kc010_georgia_v_geo.jpg

3d45a8fd957409595c99726bb27a9cb7-getty-91911317kc009_georgia_v_geo.jpg

Stay classy Petey...Stay Classy.

Neuheisal is such a failure as a coach, we could be going 2 seasons without a bowl. Even Dorrell could get to bowl games.

Why are UCLA fans mad at Pete when UCLA was calling time outs?

Had the same thought as well. Recapping it, by calling timeout, Neuheisel pretty much declared he was still playing to win. Carroll surprisingly responded with a risky play call, which actually would have been to the Bruins' benefit if they could have defended it with an INT or stripping the ball from Barkley/Williams. Thus giving the Bruins the ball with a minute and an improbable TD/onside situation. Percentage-wise, I'd guess that would be one of the riskier calls he could have made (a slow developing play-action call can work out great, or get blown up in a hurry).

However, with the "going for the jugular" play called, Carroll looks like a hypocrite after crying about Harbaugh running the score up on him in the Stanford-USC game a couple week ago.

For UCLA, can't expect to keep playing and not have the other team play as well.

Everyone looks a bit foolish after the whole thing.

I agree UCLA should have been ready to stop the play.

But c'mon the game is done regardless, Petey could have run the ball three times and punted and UCLA would have got the ball with a few seconds left down two scores.

Its called sportsmanship, it was a punk move by Carroll. I would be ticked off if my team did that to someone as well.

I agree UCLA should have been ready to stop the play.

But c'mon the game is done regardless, Petey could have run the ball three times and punted and UCLA would have got the ball with a few seconds left down two scores.

Its called sportsmanship, it was a punk move by Carroll. I would be ticked off if my team did that to someone as well.

It is a rivalry game and UCLA wanted to be cute and call time outs, in response USC decided to keep playing to win. If UCLA would have accepted defeat and let the clock run out then USC would not of went for the throat. I have seen stuff like this alot being a HS coach and it does sting when it happens to you but in the end if you coach your kids properly they stay in proper position to defend plays. UCLA had no discipline and that is what got them burnt. As for Pete looking like a hypocrite I do not see it that way there is a big difference between throwing bombs with a 30+ point lead and throwing a play action bomb when you are up by 14.

So vets it was not poor sportsmanship on Petey's part? C'mon get real it was classless and purely done to show what a lame coach we hired.

So vets it was not poor sportsmanship on Petey's part? C'mon get real it was classless and purely done to show what a lame coach we hired.

What would he gain from this? Nothing.

Honestly I do not think he even knew the play call. He is a defensive minded coach and after the play at first he looked shocked. I think the OC called it or maybe they let Barkley call the series. Or maybe they wanted to rub it in their face because they have had a bad season and they needed to really show up UCLA to seal the deal on some recruits. I personally thought it was funny but to be honest if UCLA would of done it to us I would of been livid.

Carroll knew I forgot which article I read but he OKd the call.

Oh did he? I was wondering about that after his reaction during the play. In that case it might of been a little on the shitty side, I figured it was a young OC or Barkley. Must of been to pad the box score for future Southern Cal recruits.

Back