Baseball Burnett set to receive offer from Yanks. Five-year contract/$80 million

Burnett set to receive offer from Yanks. Five-year contract/$80 million « Zell’s Pinstripe Blog

First it was Sabathia’s huge contract, but now the Yankees are focusing on A.J. Burnett & Derek Lowe. The Yankees will reportedly offer A.J. a 5-year contract worth $80 million. A.J. Burnett is coming off one of his best seasons of his career, and it was also a season in which he stayed healthy. He has made multiple trips to the DL throughout his career, which is why some fans are against this move. People are comparing him to Carl Pavano and Jaret Wright, but I don’t think that’s fair. Burnett might have been injured like those other two, but the stats he puts up are far better. Burnett (when healthy) is a far better pitcher than those two. Nobody can predict the future, and know whether or not someone will go down with an injury. I wouldn’t say I fully support the deal, but I definitely wouldn’t mind if it went through. The big question is his health. If he stays healthy..you guys should seee a dominant Burnett in ‘09.

———————————————-

The LoHud Yankees Blog: Free-agent prediction fest / Swisher: “2009 will be a special year”

Boston Herald: Yanks may go after Varitek?

Yankees Official Website: Kevin Russo up for AFL Award

Back