Break Complete! 2022 Topps NPB Japan Baseball League Hobby Random Teams Style Group Box Break

grapler135s

Immortal
Staff member
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
The Hits:

BF5C007E-8DC1-4A67-A476-71E2D8A9C4F2.jpeg
513353B5-80E7-4109-87F5-7F0579F47D74.jpeg

Live link to the group break video:

Live link to the team randomization video:

LarryG had a nice suggestion to try this one so I wanted to see if anybody is interested in trying a RANDOM TEAM STYLE group box break for ONE HOBBY BOX of 2022 TOPPS NPB JAPAN BASEBALL LEAGUE.

Box Configuration:

-24 packs per box
-14 cards per pack

Product Info:

Here is how this break will work. There are 12 spots and the price is $16 per spot. Each spot gets you ONE RANDOM TEAM and all of the cards of the players from that team. We will randomize the list of members and the list of teams when this is full to determine which teams go to which members. SHIPPING IS ALSO INCLUDED IN THIS PRICE! There will also be time to trade teams before the break.

After you sign up I will add this to the Trade Manager along with my PayPal address.

This product has released and is available so I can order this box if it looks like we might have interest in doing this one.

Please let me know if anybody has any questions.

1. LarryG PAID Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles
2. LarryG PAID Chunichi Dragons
3. Molitor04x PAID Hiroshima Toyo Carp
4. Molitor04x PAID Orix Buffaloes
5. PAVI39 PAID Tokyo Yakult Swallows
6. PAVI39 PAID Hanshin Tigers
7. Waltdii PAID Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters
8. Waltdii PAID Yokohama DeNA BayStars
9. dragonslayer913 PAID Chiba Lotte Marines
10. LarryG PAID Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks
11. Molitor04x PAID Saitama Seibu Lions
12. Waltdii PAID Yomiuri Giants

Last edited:
If you are considering whether to get into this break or not:

1 - Here are some players you will find in this set:
Current or Former MLBers:
Masataka Yoshida - Orix Buffaloes (current Red Sox and AL ROY candidate)
Kodai Senga - Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks (current Mets)
Masahiro Tanaka - Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles (former Yankee)
Kosuke Fukudome - Chunichi Dragons (former Cub)
Shintaro Fujinami - Hanshin Tigers (current A's)

Former non-Japanese MLBers:
Tyler Austin - Yokohama DeNA BayStars (former Yankee)
Neftali Soto - Yokohama DeNA BayStars (former Reds)

Future MLB Stars?
Roki Sasaki - Chiba Lotte Marines (21 years old, throws 100 mph, called the Next Big Thing out of Japan, eligible to post to MLB in 2026)
Munetaka Murakami - Tokyo Yakult Swallows (top hitter compared to Aaron Judge, eligible to post to MLB in 2025)
Yoshinobu Yamamoto - Orix Buffaloes (top pitcher, expected to join MLB next season)
Others?

2 - There are recognizable parallels - foils, colors, and some different nice-looking inserts - Kings of the Craft, Animated, and the Topps 58 design

3 - There is a niche market for this stuff and not much sold within the U.S.

4 - You can think of it as a Prospect hunt. Wouldn't you love to have a 2013 Shohei Ohtani? Roki Sasaki and Munetaka Murakami are bigger now than most U.S. prospects with Bowman cards and could be huge stars in the US. A base insert (Animated) of Roki Sasaki from this set recently sold for over $20 on ebay. Masataka Yoshida's Japan-issued cards are in high demand now, especially any parallels. I am sure in time others will emerge as sought after.

5 - They can be nice novelty items. When my kids were in elementary school, I brought some in to their school for some type of cross-cultural fair to show that, yes, they play baseball in Japan.

6 - And, hey, if you get in this break and decide not to want these cards, you have trade bait for me. I would be interested and happy to trade you something you want for whatever cards you get.

Larry

Mike,
Put me down for 2.
My youngest son is going to Japan next summer with some buddies and they are for sure going to see the Hanshin Tigers so I will be looking to trade so they can try and get some autographs. Apparently much easier there
Thanks
Walt

Okay the team randomization is complete. Please let me know if anybody would like to make any team trades. We’ll likely do this break on Friday time TBD.

Back