Racing Bowyer wins Richmond; Gordon makes Chase

• Thread starter SCF Sports News
  • Start date
S

SCF Sports News

Clint Bowyer won the rain-delayed race at Richmond, and Jeff Gordon drove his way into the title picture by grabbing the last wild-card berth in the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship.

More...

Another great race, but man I'm getting tired of seeing the best cars finish way back mid pack, when they clearly are the class of the field. Bowyer, Hamlin, and Junior were 1,2,3 most of the night, until the darn rain spoiled that. I'm really starting to hate the lucky dog too. Jeff Gordon was junk, and should of finished 25-30th, but gets a lucky break, gets his lap back, and utilizes the rain, and some pit srategy to get to the front, and finish 2nd. They earned it, but you can't help but wonder if the lucky dog doesn't get him back on the lead lap how many laps down he finishes, and then he doesn't even make the chase. I'm in favor of letting them race back to the line, and cut out this stupid lucky dog BS. All it does is let junk cars back into a race they have no business being in.

RICHMOND RESULTS: http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2012/26/data/results_unofficial.html

STANDINGS: http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2012/data/standings.html

617x.jpg

617x.jpg

...I'm in favor of letting them race back to the line, and cut out this stupid lucky dog BS. All it does is let junk cars back into a race they have no business being in.

I agree with you Troy...the good ol' days of racing back to the line were great... but it's the way society is now. Have to play it safe so no one gets hurt. You can't hit the Quarterback in the head... No "high checking" in Hockey... and no racing back to the line, instead give someone the lucky dog. All-in-all a great race (I called it quits after midnight...have a 2 mile charity walk I'm doing today). Kyle Busch's Crew Chief cost Kyle the race...but no since crying over it...the "18" season was terrible all year. Seems like the favorite for JGR this year was Hamlin (same as a couple years ago). Logano was totally forgotten about and Kyle was the red headed step child.

Let's get on with the Chase...come on Stewart...two-in-a-row Smoke!

Johnson? really don't want to see him win...but hey... anyone but Dale Jr.!

Back