Logano's Richmond Win Called "Encumbered Victory"... Will not make playoffs without another win!

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
Joey Logano's victory at Richmond International Raceway last weekend wasn’t yanked, but NASCAR announced that a violation found on his Team Penske No. 22 Ford during inspection was egregious enough to deny Logano an automatic playoff berth.

An issue with the rear suspension was found after a teardown at NASCAR’s R&D Center in Concord, N.C. Logano's crew chief, Todd Gordon, was also fined $50,000 and suspended two Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races. Logano was also docked 25 driver points and the team was penalized 25 owner points.

The so-called “encumbered victory” is something NASCAR instituted last year. While NASCAR is reluctant to ever pull a victory from a driver, the rule prevents teams from making the postseason automatically if a gross violation is found.

Logano has won multiple races every years since 2014, so it’s more than likely that Logano will soon find himself in victory lane again with a playoff-clinching win. Should Logano make the postseason, the five playoff points that come with the Richmond victory would not count.

I honestly have not been able to watch a single NASCAR race since dad passed. It was our thing and way too hard for me do know. But when I first read the thread title I though "alternate facts" had found a way into NASCAR with the encumbered victory!

The "Encumbered Victory" is a new rule that was started last year. I would really like to know when using the rule, what does NASCAR use to decide if the race should be considered "Encumbered" or not.

Is this going to be like baseball... and if you are a "well-liked" pitcher and throw at a batter, you will get a warning, where if you are "not well-liked", you are gone...

Okay, NO love lost here for Logano... haven't liked him since his first day of racing, but is he going to be a punished driver... and three months from now Jimmie Johnson's car has the same problems after a race and NASCAR turns it's head?

Back