Football Bowman Sterling Football Manufacturing Issue

cardjim

Bench Warmer
Just received this notice from my wholesaler. thought I would share it here for those of you who didn't get all that great of cards from these high dollar packs

Because of a manufacturing error, 50% of the master boxes of the just-released 2008 Bowman Sterling Football include 7 autographs instead of the promised 8. To rectify the situation, Topps is asking all master box purchasers that received only 7 autographs to send in their master box’s UPC code to Topps 401 York Avenue, Duryea PA 18642.

In addition to Topps sending out the promised eighth autograph, collectors will also receive an exclusive 10-card Bowman Sterling Blue Refractor Parallel Rookie Set made special just for this issue. Collectors will receive their eighth autograph and the exclusive 10-card set within 6-8 weeks.

REDEMPTION CARDS

Also as a bonus, any collector redeeming a 2008 Bowman Sterling Football Autographed Redemption Card on-line will be eligible for an additional autograph. Collectors will not be able to redeem until Friday, September 5th. The chances of receiving the second autograph will be 1:3.

arod812 said:
I doubt UD would do anything special like this.

I think if UD admittedly screwed up 50% of their print run with a packaging error they'd have to do something similar. I cracked a case of Hot Prospects a couple of years back that was missing the patch auto in each box and they made it right. Last year with SP Authentic Football there were some boxes from the initial run that were missing patch cards and everyone that I know who called them received something back from UD.

Everyone always talks about UD like they're evil, but every time I've had an issue with a product they've made it right. Wish I could say the same about Topps...

Back