Bob Stoops Makes me smile...

Doesn't this then make mute all the cries people have for the Big 10 and Pac 10 to have a conference tournament (what I like to call the 'regular season' for the Pac 10)? If the true champion isn't decided then whats the point (besides money). BTW, I think the two teams playing the best right now are Georgia and USC.

You're right, the exact opposite should happen. The Big 10 and Pac 10 shouldn't have to play a Championship game, but instead the other 4 conferences should cancel theirs.
That would level the playing field somewhat. However, the school Presidents will never eliminate the Conference Championships because of the revenue. This year, it bit the Big-12(Mizzou) and benefited the SEC(LSU).

You're right, the exact opposite should happen. The Big 10 and Pac 10 shouldn't have to play a Championship game, but instead the other 4 conferences should cancel theirs.
That would level the playing field somewhat. However, the school Presidents will never eliminate the Conference Championships because of the revenue. This year, it bit the Big-12(Mizzou) and benefited the SEC(LSU).

I agree to some extent.......the 4 conferences with championship games should keep them......the Pac-10 is fine the way it is........and the Big 10 should drop back down to 10 teams......and they should have to play everyone in their conference like the Pac-10 does. Nobody should be sitting at home on the last week of the season and then have a shot National Championship! No matter what a frickin' computer says:ban:

Honestly let me clarify since people know I hate Oklahoma. i have no issue with Oklahoma #1 since they are playing as well as USC and Georgia now. Laughing at 3 and 4 :D
yeah 3 and 4 are the jokes on that list
Bottom line:

#1. It is childish
not really, is he the only one doing it? and nothing he put was that ridiculous

#2. It is stupid for a coach vote to be part of the formula
maybe it is but i would take coaches vote over any computer every day of the week

#3. There is no reason why a team needs to win its conference to be in the NC game
i couldnt disagree more, every conference should have a title game and if you lose that game or arent good enough to get to it then you dont deserve a title

#4 This is the most ridiculous method of crowning a champion in any sport
absolutely, voting and jerking each other off is not the way to crown a champion

#5. The Pac 10 regular season is not even close to the same as a championship game
couldnt possibly agree more and i have voiced this opinion time and time again, i dont care how many times you play every team in your conference your not a champion until you win a championship game

couldnt possibly agree more and i have voiced this opinion time and time again, i dont care how many times you play every team in your conference your not a champion until you win a championship game
LSU and Georgia out of the top 5 is really ridiculous...

This thread seems to be a mess, but there is one burning question I have for a couple of you. How is the Pac 10 having every team play eachother during the season less effective than two teams playing one game for a championship? It's there system, and it works for them. Thanks, I'll hang up and listen now......

Bottom line:

#1. It is childish

#2. It is stupid for a coach vote to be part of the formula

#3. There is no reason why a team needs to win its conference to be in the NC game

#4 This is the most ridiculous method of crowning a champion in any sport

#5. The Pac 10 regular season is not even close to the same as a championship game

Neither is not playing everyone in your conference 1 time and sitting at home on the last day of the season.......but OSU is still going to the BCS Title game:ban:

It isn't possible for everyone in the Big 12 to play each other.....so I understand why they NEED a Championship game......but even if you lose, you still have a shot at the Title??? (2004....OU loses to K State and still goes to the Title game:ban:) not trying to rub salt in wounds by any means......just trying to clarify what I have been trying to say for the last few days........IT IS A FAULTY SYSTEM!!!!

BCS=BS

I kinda respect it and know why he did it.... When a Big XII team wins a NC all the schools of the big XII get $$$$$... I think thats his thinking, he was looking out for the big XII.

Missouri being #3, Nothing wrong with that, they should have been in over KU, especially since being number 1 and having a top 20 schedule in the nation...

KU, with one loss to MU, but had the 109 ranked schedule out of 119 teams but they get a BCS game?

Its BS that 3 schools from the same conference cant make the BCS games....

Georgia looks solid to me, I thought they make the title game, their coach has my vote for coach of the year, even after beating POKES' ass.....

Neither is not playing everyone in your conference 1 time and sitting at home on the last day of the season.......but OSU is still going to the BCS Title game:ban:

It isn't possible for everyone in the Big 12 to play each other.....so I understand why they NEED a Championship game......but even if you lose, you still have a shot at the Title??? (2004....OU loses to K State and still goes to the Title game:ban:) not trying to rub salt in wounds by any means......just trying to clarify what I have been trying to say for the last few days........IT IS A FAULTY SYSTEM!!!!

BCS=BS

that was a bad decision most likely, and look what happened to us in that title game, someone else should have gone that year

that was a bad decision most likely, and look what happened to us in that title game, someone else should have gone that year

I'd have to say if it were at all possible for 2 teams from the same conference to play in the same bowl......for a National Title.....Auburn should have went......they went undefeated that year.........but yeah, USC should have atleast had a shot that year instead of making LSU share the Title with us.......but like that year, last year should have had a different team playing Florida.....and this year OU should be playing LSU.

I'd have to say if it were at all possible for 2 teams from the same conference to play in the same bowl......for a National Title.....Auburn should have went......they went undefeated that year.........but yeah, USC should have atleast had a shot that year instead of making LSU share the Title with us.......but like that year, last year should have had a different team playing Florida.....and this year OU should be playing LSU.
your right about all of those, should have been either auburn, or even better usc that year, anyone but tOSU last year and pretty much anyone but tOSU this year. i would have loved for it to be us but usc, georgia, or mizzou would have put up more of a fight than Ohio will

your right about all of those, should have been either auburn, or even better usc that year, anyone but tOSU last year and pretty much anyone but tOSU this year. i would have loved for it to be us but usc, georgia, or mizzou would have put up more of a fight than Ohio will

Amen.....Preach on my brother.....preach on!

Back