Basketball Billups back in Detroit!

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
... and I just dumped all my Billups game-used and autographs last fall.

... if I had only known he was coming back home!

This feels a lot like Iverson when he came back to Philly. And just like Iverson, his presence will hardly be noticed.

Once a player leaves their team for another one, when they go back to the original the whole dynamic is altered. I'm sure they don't expect much out of him.

Billups is a real star. He was important to the Pistons over the years and him leaving was an unfortunate move for him and the Pistons. With Billups return though I feel like the team will be stronger but like 4justice said the dynamic will most likely be off. I'm not holding my breath.

I don't see why they let him go all those years ago in the first place. It's not like they had someone better waiting. That much is obvious given the various replacements that couldn't do even half of what he did.

Chauncey belongs in Detroit. I really started to get back into the NBA when he won his championship with the Pistons. I loved that Pistons team: Rasheed Wallace, Rip Hamilton and Chauncey. Their games were low scoring but the team had entertaining personalities and likeable people. I'm glad that he's back! It's too bad that the Pistons are going to be terrible (again).

Billups is one of my favorite players and still one of the most underrated guards in NBA history. I agree that his return makes sense and will boost the franchise, but Detroit has a long way to go before they are a quality team again.

I think that this is his swan song in the NBA. The guy must be nearing 40 years old by now. I think he was brought back to Detroit to get nostalgic fans to pony up for tickets. Yes, he certainly has been underrated for his entire career.

Yes I agree, Billups is good player and ive always thought he suited Detroits style.
But at his age and the fact his opposition is half his age does not bode well.

I'm so glad that we got Billups back! I bought his jersey when I was at the Palace back in 2004 when they won the Championship. Detroit has Rasheed Wallace back this year too but only as a bench coach. He's still a great presence to have for the team though. Happy to have them both back in Detroit!

Wow, that is a sad situation. I think I have gotten rid of things I ended up regretting getting rid of. These seem to be the famous last words.

Back