best pulls...

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
trying to bring some life into this place, so what are some of your best pulls?...i dont bust many packs these days, so my stuff is older...

89 Fleer Bill Ripken F-Face at the peak of the market
94 Upper Deck Aroid Auto
94 Upper Deck Next Generation and Next Generation Electric Diamond redemption sets, singles were like 1 per box or something...
02 Topps Gallery Jerry Rice Printing Plate way before everything had plates
06 Leaf Certified Black (base) Heath Miller

Mine were:

1992-93 Shaquille O'neal All Rookie Team from Ultra ($100 when I pulled it)
2006 Reggie Bush Sterling Black auto/jersey /25 (got $1500 in trade from Detox for it)
1999 Edgerrin James Topps Chrome Rc ($100 way back when)
Mario Williams 1/1 plate from Triple Threads auto/jersey (sold for $80)
2009 Topps Mayo Cabinet Relics Michael Crabtree/Darrius Heyward-Bey/Percy Harvin/Jeremy Maclin quad auto jersey /3 (traded for $650)
2012 Totally Certified RG 3 auto jersey /149 (sold for $130 and$40 trade)

I'm sure there are more....

03 Ultimate Vick/Young GU /auto dual 10/10 (was good at the time!)
03 Leaf Limited - numerous as I busted bucketloads of the stuff, eg Barry Sanders dual patch
09 (I think) Topps Montana/Elway dual auto (Xmas day)
04 Leaf Limited Reggie White platinum 1/1 (Xmas day)
02 MLB Absolute Memorabilia Signing Bonus frame - Pujols 4/5 auto and jersey
Star Wars Evolution CArrie Fisher auto (Leia) :)
All still with me.

oh, and my wife ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
i pulled one of those Shaqs as well it was the ONLY pack of Ultra II they had at the grocery store...

i also pulled a few 90 Pro Set Santas when those were good

Mine i have a few but at the time my best was a Babe Ruth bat card . like 600.00 at the time.

Also at the time

Ty Detmer i think thats how its spelled lol .. WIld card /100 plenty of other decent stuff over time.

I got in on a divisional break a week or two ago & got the NFC West. The break was for a 15 box case of Limited. I think it was $158 per division with randomiser picking your choice. The best card was a redemption of a Michael Floyd ?/5 Letterman. Also got 2 other auto's, both Chris Givins, one a nice patch. Next card of note was a nice patch of Pead /49. Then 4 misc jerseys & 7 commons. I'll try to get up some pics tomorrow.

btw those were my 1st football card purchases in a couple of years.

I haven't busted much in a long while.

Back in around 03 or 04 I hit some great limited stuff. Brady/Montana dual auto, Brady auto/patch #'d /5 or something. I remember doing a New Years Eve box of 03 Reflections and hitting 2 Peyton Manning autos, Anquan Boldin RC auto, Terrell Suggs RC auto, and a Lee Suggs SP RC auto not to mention double the normally inserted numbered rookies. It was a killer hot box. I also did some random baseball packs and pulled a Dennis Eckersley auto/patch /5 and a Mike Schmidt auto/bat #'d /10.

Without a doubt, this. It came from a blaster at Wal-Mart. I thought the box had been tampered with (the seal looked "wrong"), but my mother convinced me to buy it regardless.

My best pulls have been from Walmart blasters. Never pulled anything that sells for more than $20 from hobby boxes.

2005 Topps Gold Anniversary Barry Sanders Auto
2010 Topps Prime Tom Brady Prime (3 color Patch)/ can't remeber other person on card

Nothing else worth listing. Every time I open boxes I want to kick myself afterwards.

Back