Baseball Beckett Monthly Magazine

judyd

Bench Warmer
Does anyone here have a subscription to Beckett's? Would you recommend it as a good guide, or is there one that (in your opinion) is superior?

A friend told me that there's not a better guide, and I might agree with him, but he was so smug about it. Can you give me a reason why another guide might be better? Or, is there something about Beckett's that you feel could improve?

Thanks for the help.

I have used Beckett in the past, but most of the time I will do an average off eBay sales to get what cards are selling for.

It's sad, but a card with a Beckett value if $30, will have an average eBay sale price of $5.

I have alot of game-used cards with book values of $10-plus that will end up in the dollar box at my next card show.

Beckett is a great reference guide.

Rob uses Ebay, too! I don't know why he was so enthusiastic about Beckett, since the only way he ever trades cards is on Ebay, or with online friends who do trading.

Thanks, ranbethscards! What I'm going to point out to him is that other traders are in the tech age, too, and don't necessarily depend on Beckett's for card value. Maybe that will make me sound a little more knowledgeable to him.

...and one more thing... Beckett issues a "bible" every year which list all the cards available for each sport.

Every couple of years I purchase the NASCAR version... NOT for pricing (as it's published once a year and within a few days the pricing is no good), but I buy it strictly for reference.

I have put together many NASCAR sets/sub-sets based on what I saw in the "bible", based on one of those "hey, those are pretty cool.. think I'll do that set".

Beckett is okay, it gives an low and high of what they had sold for, but it's really good for set collecting, like Randy said, I also have the Bible for Hockey, in fact the new one just came out for hockey.

I've been collecting them since the 90's Lol! I pulled these out of the attic the other day....

Beckett for today......Anyone remember that Selenne scored 79 goals in 1993, him and Mogilny was neck and neck till the end of the season, I forgot who got the most goals

Back