Hockey Beckett Box Busters: 2013-14 O-Pee-Chee Hockey

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
First, let me say.. I am not a fan of Susan Lulgjuraj's box breaks. Sometimes she does not seem to know what she is talking about (but again, most of the Beckett Box Busters seem lost when breaking a box).

Second, this is a very long box break... 23 minutes... I found myself begging for the end at the 3 minute mark, but thought the Hockey Collectors might enjoy watching this.

...and please...stop running your fingers through your hair and then touching the chrome inserts... the oil on your hands is not doing the chrome cards any good!

Last edited:
Yeah, Randy, I can't wait until you get to do your box breaks again. ... I kind of think they should have focused the camera entirely on the box and not on her, zooming in on names, cards, etc. Plus, now that you mention it I feel like her hair looks dirty and oily, but maybe it's just once you see a hair in your salad, you see hair falling everywhere. Ew. Way to devalue a card before it's even been given a chance.

I don't need to see every base card, nor do I need to listen to her butcher every single name.

One of the reasons why, when I do box breaks, I skip through the packs and only show the HITS or "special" cards.

... and I do have some sympathy for her... the last time I did a hockey box break, I butchered the names so bad the NHL threatened to sue me if I ever video-taped a Hockey break.

When I was 12 my Uncle Bobby warned me not to touch the electric fence around the ranch. I had to know and was thrown around 8 feet. Tonight I was warned this video could could be time I will never get back.....good bye to 4 minutes 17 seconds.

I appreciate you guys trying, but I had to know...

Then again, it's her box break and her cards, not ours. The fact that she's sharing it is something I appreciate...though I don't care for the set in any way.

I may not agree with her methods, or her choice of box/set (I liked the previous break), but I do like that she's enjoying herself and is sharing her happiness, and that's something.

the box is not her box... the cards are not her cards... this is a Beckett Box Break. She should use a little more care when handling the cards... after all, she is getting paid to do the break for Beckett.

Not to bad I think, got a good feel of the product, the base, etc. Group box breaks are different as only looking for hits, so this is product breaking to see what the costumer is going to expect when opening, so pretty cool, but long!
Beside's my live Box Breaks are worse! Lol!

Randy should be getting paid to do some box breaks. At least it would be something coming in and you'd get to do what you love. Only, obviously they could keep you far away from the hockey ones, lest get sued. lol. Yeah, but if you're hired to do it you probably rehearse a little and do practice a little bit of card etiquette. :)

Who's "Beckett", the company?

I mean, if it's "Becket's", who owns the cards, the company? Do they then sell them to customers?

If true, then you have point in the handling of the cards, as she'd essentially be an employee. As such, and since her approach offends people, it would be in the company's best interests to have someone else open them.

Who's "Beckett", the company?

I mean, if it's "Becket's", who owns the cards, the company? Do they then sell them to customers?

If true, then you have point in the handling of the cards, as she'd essentially be an employee. As such, and since her approach offends people, it would be in the company's best interests to have someone else open them.

Beckett is a trading card pricing guide company. They also do card grading. Like many other companies, and message boards associated with all types of cards, all the big companies (Upper Deck, Panini, In The Game, Press Pass etc) send promo boxes of their brand new releases to companies like Beckett to open, and review for their customers. The cards are usually given away in contest form to their customers. This is a great way for the card companies to show off their new products, and let potential customers see what the product looks like before they decide to buy, or not. Our site is too small currently to get any support from the card companies, but someday we will have enough traffic to ask for sponsorship.

They could hire any one of the moderators here to do their box breaks and get it right. I'm sure everyone at Opeechee was wrangling in their seat and wincing at the sight of greasy hair oils getting all over their cards along with lingual missteps on NHL player names.

Beckett is a trading card pricing guide company. They also do card grading. Like many other companies, and message boards associated with all types of cards, all the big companies (Upper Deck, Panini, In The Game, Press Pass etc) send promo boxes of their brand new releases to companies like Beckett to open, and review for their customers. The cards are usually given away in contest form to their customers. This is a great way for the card companies to show off their new products, and let potential customers see what the product looks like before they decide to buy, or not. Our site is too small currently to get any support from the card companies, but someday we will have enough traffic to ask for sponsorship.
I hope for that day to come, And have a Group Submission to Beckett Grading in the future also someday as I already have Graded Cards from them!

Back