Football Bears sign Kevin Jones (RB)

bhelser

Bench Warmer
The Chicago Bears signed free agent running back Kevin Jones on a one-year contract on Tuesday.

Jones, who underwent a physical in Chicago on Monday, had worked out for prospective teams earlier this month just five months after he had major knee surgery. Dr. D.S. Ping, who has been helping Jones rehabilitate his right knee, said the Miami Dolphins, Green Bay Packers, Pittsburgh Steelers and Detroit Lions attended the workout.

The Lions cut their former first-round pick in March with one year left on his contract after he injured the knee late last season, adding to the injury woes that have stunted his success in the league. Jones rushed for 581 yards and eight touchdowns in 2007 but missed the last game of the season after suffering a serious knee injury against the Chiefs in Week 16.

Jones also missed the first two games last season recovering from a foot injury that had sidelined him for the final three games of 2006.

Jones was the 30th overall pick by the Lions in the 2004 NFL Draft.

He ran for 3,000-plus yards in four seasons in Detroit, including 1,133 yards and five touchdowns as a rookie in 2004.

there for a second I thought this was a thread by.... oh nevermind ;)

How's it going Brandon?

not a bad signing by the Bears....i dont like them that much but he's a good young talent

As a Bears fan I am pleased, if the kid can stay healthy, I really think the ground game will be good, not great, but an improvement over Benson by leaps and bounds.

Back