Baltimore?

the ravens actually played fairly decent, boller played well, the reed fumble sucked...almost pulled it out...

Refs had no business calling that holding penalty, that could be called on half of the playseach game. Not to mention, not a td catch :D

Refs had no business calling that holding penalty, that could be called on half of the playseach game. Not to mention, not a td catch :D

Do you mean the one where the Ravens DB was focused on Ben Watson's chest and drove him into the ground? Sounds a lot like holding to me.

Another example of why Tom Brady is great. No receiver had more than 4 catches in that game, showing how well he spread the ball around. Tons of credit to the Ravens for bullying the Pats all night long, especially in the ground game.
And before claiming that the refs decided the game, feel free to re-watch the first 55 minutes of the game and see how many times illegal contact should have been called. I have no problem with physical DBs, but when some teams go and complain to the rules committee and get the rule re-enforced, I expect that rule to be re-enforced for every teams WRs.

Do you mean the one where the Ravens DB was focused on Ben Watson's chest and drove him into the ground? Sounds a lot like holding to me.

Another example of why Tom Brady is great. No receiver had more than 4 catches in that game, showing how well he spread the ball around. Tons of credit to the Ravens for bullying the Pats all night long, especially in the ground game.
And before claiming that the refs decided the game, feel free to re-watch the first 55 minutes of the game and see how many times illegal contact should have been called. I have no problem with physical DBs, but when some teams go and complain to the rules committee and get the rule re-enforced, I expect that rule to be re-enforced for every teams WRs.

no, watson wasn't on the ground, you are thinking when Moss ran over Rolle I think.

And before claiming that the refs decided the game, feel free to re-watch the first 55 minutes of the game and see how many times illegal contact should have been called.
Sounds an awful lot like Super Bowl XXXVI...

I'm not bitter or anything. :D

Two weeks in a row the Pats have had a scare, and now they're off to play the best remaining team on their schedule -- a team with a better defense than Philly and Baltimore.

With that being said, I think the Pats win in a blowout. Just a feeling.

Sounds an awful lot like Super Bowl XXXVI...

I'm not bitter or anything. :D

Two weeks in a row the Pats have had a scare, and now they're off to play the best remaining team on their schedule -- a team with a better defense than Philly and Baltimore.

With that being said, I think the Pats win in a blowout. Just a feeling.

You're totally right about the Super bowl. But the difference is after the Pats manhandled the Colts in those two playoff games, the rule was re-enforced after Polian bitched to the competition committee. If SB XXXVI happened after that "rule re-enforcement," then you would be totally right. Fortunately for the Pats in XXXVI, though, the refs didn't really care about that rule.

no, watson wasn't on the ground, you are thinking when Moss ran over Rolle I think.

The Ravens gameplan was to hold/take out the Pats receivers as much as possible. It's the only way to stop them. On a few plays you could see how the Ravens DBs were focused only on the bodies of the receivers and didn't even pay attention to the play. You definitely need to re-watch the game if you think the Ravens should never have been blown for illegal contact/holding/interference.

within 5 yards you are allowed to beat the snot out of one another. Most teams don't have the athletes to get away with that but the Ravens do. I am sure it happened beyond 5 sometimes too, but as I said before that happens in any nfl game and the ref had no business throwing a flag on that play. Hell Watson still made it to the route even if he was held up ball still missed him. Cheap flag cheap touchdown.

within 5 yards you are allowed to beat the snot out of one another. Most teams don't have the athletes to get away with that but the Ravens do. I am sure it happened beyond 5 sometimes too, but as I said before that happens in any nfl game and the ref had no business throwing a flag on that play. Hell Watson still made it to the route even if he was held up ball still missed him. Cheap flag cheap touchdown.

Watson was held the entire route. He was held until he was 4 or so yards deep in the end zone at which point he was hit before the ball got to him. It was 100% defensive holding, no questions asked. Hell, every media outlet (not that I think they are smart, but it shows it isn't just Pats homerism talking) says that it was a no doubter. I really don't see how anyone could argue otherwise.

HOMER.jpg

I guess I am one of the few that would like to see them keep winning. I would like to see a perfect season in my lifetime, even if that means they beat my Giants in the final week. I find it comical how Baltimore totally pissed this game away. Besides, my brother-in-law is a Ravens fan and I totally DESPISE Ray Lewis, so I am glad they lost.

If I were to see a perfect season, I would rather it be from a coach that is real classy. Or maybe a real classy RB like LT, or AD. A coach like Dungy. But, just no Billicheat or whatever. But, I will be rooting for the Pats to win it all as long as Tom Brady has a good fantasy day ;)

If I were to see a perfect season, I would rather it be from a coach that is real classy. Or maybe a real classy RB like LT, or AD. A coach like Dungy. But, just no Billicheat or whatever. But, I will be rooting for the Pats to win it all as long as Tom Brady has a good fantasy day ;)

:roflmao::roflmao:

Back