Baseball Bagwell on the Ballot

HiEnd said:
Biggio=Stat compiler

Biggio & Bagwell will have to catch breaks to make the HOF. They're part of the steroid era conversation and the voters will take that into play
LOL....Niether were ever invoved any steroid talks that i know of, maybe you know something i don't about houston sports, but highly doubt it

Ground Support said:
Trammel / Whitaker - 1 WS Championship

Biggio/Bagwell - Swept in their only WS appearance.
baseball about stats and onfield grit, prolly something you know nothing about, on both counts would be my guess

actually BAGWELLS name has come up a few times... but not nationally...

3,000 hits is still a shoe in IMO NO DOUBT

BAGWELL will more than liekly sit on the ballot a while like MOST steroid era players should IMO

IF Ron Santo isnt in... and it took JIM RICE forever to get in.. and Andre Dawson as well... I dont see Whitaker/Trammel getting in faster than tehy did... but NO WAY BIGGIO isnt 1st ballot a HOFer

BAGWELL will get in IF/WHEN McGwire/BONDS/PALMERIO/SOSA/ETC get in

OilMan said:
baseball about stats and onfield grit, prolly something you know nothing about, on both counts would be my guess

he is "kidding" Josh... dont go all :josh: on him ;)

and if not... OilMan... Josh is/was a marine and been through som ISH... so he knows a BIT about grit :bag: lol

OilMan said:
LOL....Niether were ever invoved any steroid talks that i know of, maybe you know something i don't about houston sports, but highly doubt it

Look at the season Bagwell had in '94,when just about everyone was doing roids.

19 more HR's than the prior season
28 more RBI
BA went from .320 to .368
SLG% went from .516 to an insane .750
and he did all the above in 32 fewer games than '93

Never hit higher than .315 after the '94 season,only hit over .300 4 times in total after '94
Highest SLG % after that year was .615 once,and never broke .600 again for his career

It's okay to be blinded and supporting a hometown boy,but to think roid usage will not be brought up as voting rolls around is silly.

As far as Houston sports,you mean the local meatballs NOT going after one of their own,how shocking. Yet there are national articles on line as far back as 2006 mentioning talk of Bagwell and juicing.

Maybe you something about sports outside of Houston,but hey,I highly doubt it

I'm the biggest homer there is for the Stros' and I think BAGWELL juiced... but who didnt back then?

unfortunatly it will keep him and a LOT of others out for a while...

but I think they all will get in

BIGGIO will be in a few years BEFORE Bagwell

ac-n-mike said:
I'm the biggest homer there is for the Stros' and I think BAGWELL juiced... but who didnt back then?

unfortunatly it will keep him and a LOT of others out for a while...

but I think they all will get in

BIGGIO will be in a few years BEFORE Bagwell

Exactly my point. For anyone to think Bagwell didn't juice is wearing a really good pair of blinders to think that.

BAGWELL JUICED..... no doubt in my mind... his best friend was Ken Caminetti and he died from issues with JUICE and other *****... tahts wehre Bagwells name was **** through the mud etc with ROIDS

Bagwell had POPEYE arms for YEARS lol he was a beast... the strike year he was KILLING IT

I love the guy as a player but there were a few years that he looked like McGwire and Cancecos love child LOL

hey hi-end, bagwell ain't no homeboy...he's from Massachusetts, which gives him one strike anyways, but he is borderline hof IMO, I wasn't homing on this thread at all, but to suggest that Trammell and Whitiker were a better duo is is whats silly..and there was no implication (in the strike shortened year) that Bagwell was on anything.

There was no talk about anyone doing anything in '94 when '94 was happening because baseball and their goofball leadership loved the exposure and attention the game was getting leading up to the strike.

All the juicing talk came after the fact.

As for Lou/Trammel,I'll take the Houston duo over those,and Bagwell gets not one but two strikes for being from Chowderland :D

OilMan said:
but to suggest that Trammell and Whitiker were a better duo is is whats silly
I never actually said a better duo, I actually think they are close to equal w/ the B's having a small advantage. All I suggest is that if that duo gets in, than the other one should also be in the Hall.

Also, has anybody ever noticed how many players from the 84 Tigers WS team are in the HOF? Guess what, the answer is NONE. Yet the Padres team that they beat has two: Gwynn and Gossage. If Trammell/Whitaker aren't the guys who get in, and Morris is on a slippery slope to be denied too, then who is the face for that team? (And Sparky is not the answer, he was a Big Red Machine guy and you all know it)

Bagwell will get in on his 2nd ballet. He will get in but they are going to make him sit at least a year. I don't see the association putting assumed steriod users in on the first ballet.

ac-n-mike said:
he is "kidding" Josh... dont go all :josh: on him ;)

and if not... OilMan... Josh is/was a marine and been through som ISH... so he knows a BIT about grit :bag: lol
my brother was in the bush in vietnam, but does that make him know anymore about sports..LOL...and i cut him no slack on sports as he does me..and from what he's told me i find it hard to believe any worse...don't play that card on me..thanks

OilMan said:
my brother was in the bush in vietnam, but does that make him know anymore about sports..LOL...and i cut him no slack on sports as he does me..and from what he's told me i find it hard to believe any worse...don't play that card on me..thanks

has nothing to do with sports....

you said

"baseball about stats and onfield grit, prolly something you know nothing about, on both counts would be my guess"

just saying he may know a thing or two about "grit"

I wasnt speaking sports.... since this obviously took a personal turn and wasnt sticking to strictly sports talk

Back