Basketball Arenas suspended

HiEnd

Bench Warmer
David Stern has suspended Gilbert Arenas indefinitely without pay.

"Although it is clear that the actions of Mr. Arenas will ultimately result in a substantial suspension, and perhaps worse, his ongoing conduct has led me to conclude that he is not currently fit to take the court in an NBA game," Stern said in a statement.
Source: NBA.com

I think the key part here is WITHOUT PAY.. that is HUGE

too often players are suspended and still paid... more than half the season missed is a HUGE chunk of money for him... he is overpaid anway ;)

bullets74-87.gif

In the early 90's Vernon Maxwell was arrested for waiving a gun in Houston traffic, never missed a game. Shows how far the NBA and Stern have come since.

tndcollectables said:
the one thing that might save him, if its true, the guns weren't loaded. that is if its true.

Even if they weren't loaded, he did not have a license for them.

OilMan said:
In the early 90's Vernon Maxwell was arrested for waiving a gun in Houston traffic, never missed a game. Shows how far the NBA and Stern have come since.

a little different though... guns are forbidden in NBA arenas, which is where this happened...

and loaded guns or not, they were expressly forbidden, and the gun laws in DC are super strict, like you can't even have one there at all. Let alone 3, stored in your locker. And if he didn't have permits too, well I'd bet he'd be doing enough time that the suspension isn't even a worry to him

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports cites a NBA source who says, "[David] Stern feels like he's been taunted by [Arenas]. He's done for the year... at the very least."

Between Arenas' incessant tweeting and using his fingers as fake guns on Tuesday -- the same day that he reportedly said "Stern is mean" -- he clearly got The Commish's attention in the worst way possible. We would be very surprised to see Arenas appear in another game this season, and it sounds like Stern could push for even more. Though he may have been acting in what he thought was an innocuous, fun-loving manner, the sum effect is that Arenas made the wrong person very angry, and is now going to pay the price. Happy 28th birthday, Gilbert.
Source: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter

really u cant have a gun in dc at all? i guess i should have been listening to this a little closer. i thought it was primarly do to him having the guns in the arena.

tndcollectables said:
really u cant have a gun in dc at all? i guess i should have been listening to this a little closer. i thought it was primarly do to him having the guns in the arena.

I dont know the specifics of the law, just what I've heard, but I belive it's no guns in DC, period. Probably b/c so many important government officials are there. But yeah, the arena alone would be enough to make it very illegal.

Back