Any Set Builders Here?

CamaroDMD

Insert Cool Title
I was wondering if anyone else here enjoys assembling complete sets? I recently finished by second set project...one that took me several years to complete. That gives me 2 complete sets that I have assembled since I returned to collecting.

My first project several years back (when I returned to collecting) was a 1967 Topps football set. For whatever reason, I loved the design of this set and I always wanted to put one together. I had one card from my childhood (Len Dawson)...so I started there and eventually complete the whole 132 card set.

Once I had the bug from that...I decided to embark on a more difficult project. As a kid, my friends and I would trade 1994 UD Collector's Choice football. We were in grade school and it was the new cheaper UD product that we could afford. I had a ton of great memories wrapped up in that set...but today it's nearly worthless and presents no challenge. But, it had a gold parallel set (1:35 packs) so I thought that would be a fun challenge (and one that was an impossible dream in childhood). So, I set to work. It took about 4 years and more money than I expected...but I could weeks back I finished it. All 384 cards.

Back