Any BST for Magic the Gathering?

nonsiccus

Bench Warmer
I just wanted to see if there is any sort of interest for Magic the Gathering buy/sell/trade on these forums. I've got a pretty extensive collection that spans from about Ice Age to Alara with some gaps in between. I've got a handful of rares that might be worth something.

Anyone else play/collect?

Not myself. I'm into a lot of non-sports, but not that. I haven't been here that long, and I may have heard someone else mention it a while back, so maybe you'll find some interest, but it's likely to be limited.

It's worth asking though, as you rarely ever know until you do.

My son and I play. We pretty much run creature decks. We have wolf, snake, thalid, ooze, rat, insect, beast, ally

My son and I play. We pretty much run creature decks. We have wolf, snake, thalid, ooze, rat, insect, beast, ally
If you're liking creature decks, you definitely want to check out slivers. They're particularly cool because each sliver (almost anyway) has an effect that affects all other slivers. For example, a muscle sliver will give all other slivers +1/+1 passively, which means having four of them out would allow all your slivers to collectively get +4/+4, which is huge. There are other effects like giving trample and first strike and many more - it's a really interesting deck to play as and against.

I have played and played against sliver decks in tournaments. They are pretty easy to short circuit. I prefer allies.

I have played and played against sliver decks in tournaments. They are pretty easy to short circuit. I prefer allies.
I never did the whole tournament thing aside from a few Friday Night Magic evenings at the local comic shop, so I guess I'm not quite as knowledgeable as you. I always found sliver decks to be particularly powerful and cool, though I guess there are decks that would probably outpace them pretty handily.

Dont get me wrong they are very powerful, but can be slow, especially if you run a multi-colored deck to get all of the cool good slivers. All white and and black mana in your pool is no fun with green and red slivers in your hand!

Dont get me wrong they are very powerful, but can be slow, especially if you run a multi-colored deck to get all of the cool good slivers. All white and and black mana in your pool is no fun with green and red slivers in your hand!
I don't recall, but aren't there some slivers that can mana fix? I've tried running a green/white elf deck before. Oh man, it's so fun to play because elves get so ridiculous after you get a Llanowar Elf or two out. It just ramps up so quickly.

Green gem hide sliver. get mana of any color for number of sliver in play, not just what you control. Lan elf are fun yes, but old school. There are so many new elf combos that are even sicker now. tap, get mana for # of elves, target creature get +X+X equal to number of elves, tap gain life equal to number of elves and on and on and on

Green gem hide sliver. get mana of any color for number of sliver in play, not just what you control. Lan elf are fun yes, but old school. There are so many new elf combos that are even sicker now. tap, get mana for # of elves, target creature get +X+X equal to number of elves, tap gain life equal to number of elves and on and on and on
Man, I miss playing Magic. I recall poring over cards and spending hour after hour thinking up novel combos to play against our friends. I mean, we played super casually, in that we didn't have any block restrictions or anything like that... but we followed the rules to a T.

Such a strategic and fun game. You play the exact same cards in a slightly different point on the stack and you could win/lose a game. All comes down to strategy and knowing how to take advantage of the rules.

I have never played Magic before, but I have a brother that played it for many years. He has an extensive card collection of his own. I am not interested in the Magic cards myself, but I will ask him if he has any interest in checking out what you have. Thanks for the post.

Back