Racing Allmendinger agrees to join recovery program

S

SCF Sports News

Suspended NASCAR driver A.J. Allmendinger has agreed to participate in a recovery program after violating the series' substance abuse policy.

More...

We still don't know what caused the positive test. Was it some sort of medication he took for allergies for example, or was this guy doing speed to get high?

"Brand names of medications that contain or metabolize into amphetamines include Adderall, Dexedrine, Dextrostat, Desoxyn, Didrex, ProCentra and Vyvanse.

Amphetamines also are used recreationally as a performance enhancer, often referred to on the street as "speed." When overused, they can be psychologically and physically addictive."

Stop BSing everyone, and give us the facts. Hiding the truth makes you look guilty, and I don't care how many months of rehab you go through no major race team is ever gonna give this guy a ride again.

Adderall: is used for the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and narcolepsy.
Dexedrine: This medication is used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
Desoxyn: : or ****amphetamine increases alertness, concentration, energy, and in high doses, can induce euphoria, enhance self-esteem and increase libido.
Didrex: stimulates your central nervous system (nerves and brain), which increases your heart rate and blood pressure and decreases your appetite. Didrex is used as a short-term supplement to diet and exercise in the treatment of obesity.
ProCentra:is a psychostimulant **** which is known to produce increased wakefulness and focus as well as decreased fatigue and decreased appetite. It is used for the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy.
Vyvanse: Vyvanse is a central nervous system stimulant. It affects chemicals in the brain and nerves that contribute to hyperactivity and impulse control. Vyvanse is used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults and in children who are at least 6 years old

So after looking up all the possible amphetamines he could have taken, all seem to be linked to ADHD, or narcolepsy. Does AJ suffer from any of these problems? All of these ***** seem to make you more awake, and alert, and lessen fatigue, and appetite. So if he is on any of these legitamately he's either suffering from ADHD, narcolepsey, or obesity. Narcolepsy is a sleep disorder that causes excessive sleepiness and frequent daytime sleep attacks.

Remember a couple-of-years ago when Ron Hornaday tested positive for steroids. I believe it was for treatment of Testicular Cancer. Hoping that everything with A.J. is alright, and I hate to do this, but I agree with Troy...either say what the "****" was...or drop the whole dog and pony show.

Back