A few words for Cutler

I had to question just how bad it was when they showed him standing on the sidelines. The announcers stated that because Hanie had come in, neither Collins nor Cutler could come into the game (don't know if it's because he was the designated emergency quarterback and the fourth quarter had started), so it may not have mattered if he felt better.

It certainly did have the same feel to it as Cedric Benson sitting on the sidelines in the Superbowl four years ago. I for one am not going to question an NFL player's toughness, but it sure says a lot when so many other players are questioning his toughness.

Word is the Bears believe he has a torn MCL. They're going to do an MRI tomorrow. I'm guessing MJD hasn't played too many games on a torn MCL.

yes, but will he need 'surgery'?...

my guess is he doesnt need it, and the results arent really available to the media...

yes, but will he need 'surgery'?...

my guess is he doesnt need it, and the results arent really available to the media...

Who cares if it does or doesn't? He still tore his MCL.

As Zeeck did, I questioned the injury myself, but then Hanie came on and did really good. So personally to me we had Cutler in the first half and he was terrible. The 2nd half we had Hanie and he played a good game.

Not saying Hanie should be the starter, saying Hanie played better then Cutty

Last edited by a moderator:
Similar, but not nearly as serious as a tear. A tear would require surgery, while a sprain will take a couple weeks to heal.

Either way, Cutler has always been a baby. Suck it Bears!

A tear does not require surgery all the time.

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/kneeinjuries/a/mclinjury_2.htm

Is surgery ever needed for a MCL tear?
Some surgeons describe a so-called grade IV injury to the medial collateral ligament. This is also called a medial column injury, and involves injury to more ligaments than just the MCL. Whether or not to repair the MCL, even in these settings, is controversial. Some doctors prefer to allow all MCL injuries to heal without surgery, and some prefer to repair these most significant injuries to the MCL. No significant difference has been demonstrated in these patients.

So in essence like I said it is pretty much the same thing, if not, the same thing.

What I got from that is its a judgement call. Still doesn't take away the fact that Cutler is a baby. I hope you didn't book your tickets to Dallas.

Back