3000 Lots of 1970s Toppes Football Cards - NC only

Mithrandir

Bench Warmer
Hey folks, I am selling these for my father. I am wanting to do a face to face in NC only so the buyer can see exactly what they are getting.

I AM EXTREMELY NEGOTIABLE ON PRICE

I have over 2200 football, 500 Baseball and 300 basketball cards. ALL from the 1970s.

These are all 1976 or 1979 toppes cards with some(less than 200) other 70s or 60s date cards thrown in.
Each group is separated by team.
Some of the teams are
Bills,Broncos,Bears,Falcons,Lions,Steelers,Chargers,Rams,Eagles,Dolphins and EVERY other major league team of the time. Most of them are the entire card set(meaning 40+ cards per team). There are also some doubles in there.

I just dont have the time to dig through all of these.. The time to take each card out, grade it, photograph and describe it is just way to much for me to do. There are some VERY rare cards in here as they are the full set. Example of those rare cards being OJ Simpson and Walter Payton 1976 toppes cards(look up the value.. $150-1000).

1-10 10 being the best grade
75% of the cards are an 8.
15%(mostly the doubles) 5 to 7.
10% are a 9.5 to 10.

I give cards with fuzzy corners(as in not bent but not perfectly sharp) an 8. These cards were collected and put into a box, not passed around or traded or anything else kids do with cards.

I know book value on these means nothing. A $2800 card on one site is going for $100 on ebay.

I am wanting to sell the WHOLE lot together.
$1300 or best offer. I am VERY negotiable on the price.

Anyone who knows cards or sells cards, this is for you as there should be room at make a nice profit. These have literally been in a closet since the 80s and have NOT been gone through other than me taking them out today.
Can set up a time and place to meet.

NINE ONE NINE 744 1783
Shoot me a text.. I am no expert on these so if you feel im smoking something then feel free to let me know what you feel is a fair price.

I wish you luck on your cards, but the chances of someone coming to NC with you not furnishing your last name or a legitimate occupation are slim to zero. No last name in your profile gets you an automatic Must send first tag.

Your best bet is to go to the card shops in North Carolina and try to sell them that way.No one in this ecconomy could afford the gas to drive to North Carolina just to pick up cards that might bring in some $$$.If the card shops in North Carolina wont buy them you should either look online for places that specialize in big quanities of cards or if you want to make some quick cash there is ebay or comc.com.

I was hoping there were members here in NC. I never expected anyone to fly or travel here.

Being over 3000 cards.. ebay is not an option, I just dont have the time.

However my offer of face to face still stands, if you really wanted to drive down here I have no problem giving my phone number,full name and address.

I will take the first $750 that comes my way for anyone interested. If you want to call or want my info I have no problem giving my info via a PM.

Thanks for the replies and information.

you should try www.comc.com you pay a fee and send the cards to them,they then look up the book value of the cards and list them for you,they sell them and make a % of the sale while you can either get paid or use the $ for cards that you want.

Back