Box Break 2021-22 Panini NBA Hoops Blaster Box Break

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Made it to Walmart today for my annual visit and, looking at the cards, decided it had been so long since I'd opened up any basketball I'd go ahead and give a box a try. They had a few different options, but I picked this blaster box of 2021-22 NBA Hoops.

There are 11 packs per box and 8 cards per pack. The box comes with 1 autograph or memorabilia card, which I'll try to save for last if I can tell by the pack thickness which one it is. Otherwise, we'll find it when we see it.

I'm going to do this break old-school so pack one will be coming up momentarily!

Opening this first pack, I think this may be just NBA Hoops Winter cards rather than the flagship NBA Hoops. Maybe that's what all the Walmart blasters are? Anyways, all the cards have snow falling on them, so I'm not sure if it's just a Walmart thing or what. Also, all of the cards show in Beckett as n/a, so I'm assuming that means these aren't too collectible. In any case, on with it!

Pack one

184 Kelly Olynyk
77 Kyrie Irving
99 Og Anunoby
197 Jayson Tatum Purple
241 Isaiah Todd RC
179 Mike Conley
24 Derrick White
10 Jimmy Butler

Pack two

103 Giannis Antetkounmpo
47 Danny Green
38 Andrew Wiggins
1 Larry Johnson SLAM Insert
160 Gordon Hayward
172 Jaren Jackson Jr.
117 Jeff Green
153 Malcolm Brogdon

I do think I found the hit pack. Feels like it's probably a memorabilia card. I've moved it to the bottom of the stack so, assuming I'm right, follow along until pack 11 to see what hit I got.

Pack three

19 Marcus Smart
85 Collin Sexton
136 Lebron James
114 Steven Adams Purple
110 Rui Hachimura
189 Joe Ingles
14 Dejounte Murray
198 Onyeka Okongwu

Pack four

52 Gary Harris
175 Killian Hayes
87 Kevin Durant
236 Chris Duarte RC
9 Luka Doncic Pure Players Insert 😎
150 Terry Rozier
182 Brandon Clarke
11 Nikola Jokic

Pretty cool to pull my first Luka Doncic card myself!

Either I just need to watch more basketball or this was the "who are these guys" pack. Over half of these guys, I've never even heard of!

Pack five

79 Pascal Siakam
113 Jrue Holiday
57 Tyrese Maxey
2 Evan Mobley Class of 2021 Insert
143 Domantas Sabonis
55 Lauri Markkanen
177 Obi Toppin
106 Marcus Morris Sr.

Pack six

28 Draymond Green
82 Kristaps Porzingis
63 Theo Maledon
211 Ziaire Williams RC
8 Kawhi Leonard Lights Camera Action Insert
100 Bradley Beal
199 Jordan Clarkson
36 Deandre Ayton

Pack seven

9 Jaylen Brown
136 Lebron James
42 Wendell Carter Jr.
144 John Wall Anniversary Edition
188 De'Andre Hunter
48 Kelly Oubre Jr.
192 Desmond Bane
141 Karl-Anthony Towns

Pack eight

155 Saddiq Bey
97 Joe Harris
69 Fred VanVleet
231 Cameron Thomas RC
2 Zach LaVine Skyview Insert
5 T.J. Warren
94 Lonzo Ball
187 Immanuel Quickley

Pack nine

123 Bobby Portis
186 Andre Drummond
18 Stephen Curry
79 Kenyon Martin SLAM Insert
116 Luke Kennard
80 Deni Avdija
149 Royce O'Neale
193 Doug McDermott

Pack ten

72 Dorian Finney-Smith
53 Kenrich Williams
194 Kenyon Martin Jr.
206 Quentin Grimes
3 Donovan MItchell Lights Camera Action Insert
133 P.J. Tucker
165 Mason Plumlee
178 John Collins

Pretty cool to pull a card of a player, and his dad, in the same box, especially when it's a blaster box with so few cards.

So, I was right. There is a memorabilia card in this pack. I've moved all the cards behind it to the front, so I can see the hit as the last card of the box!

Pack eleven

7 Paul George Skyview Insert
45 Patrick Williams
167 Derrick Rose
104 Eric Bledsoe
102 Tim Hardaway Jr.
128 Marvin Bagley III
216 Jared Butler RC

At this point you just have to imagine me slow-rolling this thing to myself...

RSW-JR Jeremiah Robinson-Earl Rookie Sweaters

This is a piece of a sweater and the card specifically says "The enclosed material is not associated with any specific player, game, or event.". I guess I should have seen something like this coming...I've been collecting long enough to know better...🤦‍♂️

Overall I'm pretty happy with the box, for a blaster. I wish they would have left that silly sweater card out and just gave me another insert. I'm not even sure how that can count as a memorabilia card. Hell, that sweater piece is no more significant than the cardboard the card is printed on and we don't call cards with cardboard in them memorabilia cards.

Anyways, I got quite a few stars cards, and the insert names weren't too bad either. Pretty happy with the Doncic for sure, considering it's my only card of him. That said, I probably wouldn't recommend this box and I certainly won't be buying another one.

To those of you who made it this far, thanks for following along!

Hey Mike.....willing to trade the Tatum Purple?

Yeah, for sure. How about any Bryce Harper, Anthony Rizzo, Pete Alonso, Kris Bryant or Ken Griffey Jr card? I'd like an insert, if possible, but if you don't have any, any base card of these guys would be fine by me. If you don't have any of these guys, do you have any 2020 A&G Minis for trade? I'm not sure exactly which ones I need, but I can dig through and see what all is missing.

Opening this first pack, I think this may be just NBA Hoops Winter cards rather than the flagship NBA Hoops. Maybe that's what all the Walmart blasters are? Anyways, all the cards have snow falling on them, so I'm not sure if it's just a Walmart thing or what. Also, all of the cards show in Beckett as n/a, so I'm assuming that means these aren't too collectible. In any case, on with it!

Pack one

184 Kelly Olynyk
77 Kyrie Irving
99 Og Anunoby
197 Jayson Tatum Purple
241 Isaiah Todd RC
179 Mike Conley
24 Derrick White
10 Jimmy Butler

Yup - you got one of the Winter Hoops boxes. I may need all your 200's if they are available for trade.

Back