Baseball 2014 Topps Series Two

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
Transactions: 2
Per Box Items:
36 packs per box
10 cards per pack
1 autograph or relic per box

2014 Topps Series Two has an identical design to 2014 Topps Series 1 and Pro Debut releases. The standard sized base set cards feature a full color action shot of the player. Bordered in white, the card fronts have the player name and team logo at the bottom. The card fronts are trimmed with the team's primary color. The card backs are photo-less and are horizontal in design. The backs include moderate biographical information, and brief career highlights or a player quote. The backs are also trimmed with the team's primary color.

What I pulled:
365 unique cards
313 base set cards 313/330
31 inserts and parallels
11 serial numbered parallels
1 autograph

Base card front and back:

Inserts and Parallels: (not all scanned)
inserts include 1989 minis, red sparkle, Saber Stare, Future is Now, Furure Star RC reprints, Black #/63 and Gold #/2014

Autograph:

I really like the design of this year's Topps cards. The Series Twocards are identical to Series 1 and Pro Debut. The very simple clean design is very appealing. I think that the photography from Topps has really improved over the past couple of years. The autograph is a sticker auto but the card is designed to fit them very well. My usual complaint as always with Topps is that there are WAY too many inserts! I would much rather get enough cards to complete the base set and get that many less inserts. That being said you should be able to finish series two base and SP with just one box and some light trading. the Abreu and Tanaka RC are the key cards from Series Two.

The Bottom Line:
I give 2014 Topps Series Two a buy rating. It will be very easy to complete a base set with a box, a few extra packs or some light trading. Buy a box and trade your Tigers cards to me!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 10):
Base set collect-ability: 9/10
Big-hit Hunter: 5/10
Prospector Hunter: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Overall Quality: 10/10

Overall: 40/50 (80% = B)

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

My pet peeve isn't sticker autos, it's using sticker autos that have part of the signature cut off like that one at the top, and bottom. I absolutely would never have one in my collection that is like this. It just makes me insane. :meh:

The base cards look pretty nice, I really like them, and the different inserts, and parallels.

Back