Football 2014 Free Agents

franklinguy52

Mr. Baseball
Staff member
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
So the NFL free agent season starts this Saturday. It is time to put on your General Managers hat and post who you think that your team needs to pick up. It looks like the DB's will at a premium with Jarius Byrd (S) being the top guy and other DBs like Verner, Talib and Ward, along with the pass happy league. Here is a pretty good list of the top free agents.

My thinking, right now, is I hope the Cowboys can pick up Demarcus Ware for cheap in the free agency. :LOL: Even though I agree with the decision to cut him, and agree with his decision to test the market, I hope he'll soon realize he's not worth as much as his contract was and he'll take a significant pay cut to come back. Both sides have already said that's not out of the question.

Oh, and I hope nobody in the NFC East picks up Darrelle Revis. I think given the right scheme he can still be a dominant corner, and I don't want the Cowboys to have to face him twice this season, especially considering Miles Austin will be leaving us soon.

Jaguars bamboozled the 49ers getting a 6th round pick for Blaine Gabbert....I figured at best they would get a flaming bag of dog turds in the parking lot for him...

offensive linemen are getting some pretty nice deals early, most in the $5-$6 million a year range...

My guy, Owen Daniels, was released by the Texans two days ago which immediately put him on top of my list of guys the Packers should sign. Of course, knowing Ted Thompson, they'll sign nobody for the 8th straight year.

So glad the Colts passed on Decker. That sends a signal to Darick Rogers that if he keeps his head on straight,he's got a shot at being the next Reggie Wayne.Grigson and Pagano keep cherry picking the Ravens tho...ummm is this Baltimore west ?! oopsie...nevermind...BWAAAHAHAHA

I thought the Saints were trying to do something with Sporles, all that for a late round pick?...Eagles offense could get scary...

I remember the time when a team was built around a RB, now you can get one for peanuts

I like to believe that last year was an anomaly for the Giants.I think it's too early to push the panic button.I like Nicks,he's decent,but I don't think he's THE prima-donna for any team and that's what he wants to be...mistake by the Colts.They have up and comers ready to take the next step.Yes,I hate to see Tuck and Nicks both leave.The Giants would do well to keep the nucleus of the team together and write off last year as a learning experience...

im still waiting for Houston to start cutting QBs

not at all shocked by James Jones to Oakland as he went to college at San Jose, but he should have learned from Greg Jennings, to be a decent WR you have to have someone fit to throw the ball

cant believe what the Packers spent on Peppers...thatll teach Packer fans to say 'why don't we ever get anyone in free agency'...the 'believers' in the Peppers deal will note that its basically a 1 year deal with 2 year option to continue to overpay him...same price as Demarcus Ware, and been in the league 3 years longer...

most activity has been OL, DL and DB...need to see some of the 'money' spots to start signing so people get stupid in buying

Henry Melton to the Cowboys...ok? All I can say is at least Dallas played this one smart with an option contract rather than just throwing money at a questionable player. I think as long as he can stay healthy he'll be fine, especially working with Marinelli again, but if he can't...oh brother! I've never liked JJ's eagerness to sign pre-injured players at a discount. It doesn't usually pay off very well.

Now let's find a way to either keep Spencer or sign Jared Allen, or both!

I have a feeling Weeden was brought in to help out with passing in the OTAs and training camp. I doubt Romo will get much action in either one. I also doubt they'd rely on Weeden in games unless Romo and Orton both go down in the same game leaving them no choice. I suspect they'll bring someone else in pretty quickly if Romo gets hurt and Orton has to start.

Back