Baseball 2014 Bowman Platinum

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
Transactions: 2
2014 Bowman Platinum

Per Box Items:
20 packs per box
5 cards per pack
2 chrome autographs per box
2 chrome autograph relic per box

The standard sized base set cards are really broken down into two different sets. The first set is a 100 card featuring current major league players. The cards are border-less and have a stylized graphic on the left side of the card that includes the set name. The player name is on the bottom of the card. The card fronts also have a refractor like finish to them and the graphics are trimmed in the team primary color. The card backs are photo-less. The grey-scale reverse contains brief biographical information, moderate career highlights, career best and total statistics. The backs are also trimmed in the team primary color. The other set cards you will pull are the 'Bowman Platinum Picks.' These cards feature up and coming players and minor league stars. They are identical in design to the base set except the logo graphic in on the right side of the card and the card number prefix of 'BPP.'

What I pulled:
99 unique cards, no duplicates
23/100 base set cards
54/100 BPP set cards
19 inserts and parallels
2 autographs
1 autographs relic

Base card front and back:

Inserts and Parallels: (not all scanned)

The Hits:
Ratterree autograph
Travis autograph #/399
McCann autograph/relic

I really like the simple and clean design of 2014 Bowman Platinum. The autos are on card and really pop. There are a few redemption cards in this product. Some of the cards also show evidence of the infamous 'chrome-curl.' There are less inserts and parallel cards compared to previous years sets which should make for easier set collecting. Overall I really do like 2014 Bowman Platinum and the added bonus was that two of the hits were Tigers prospects!

The Bottom Line:
I give 2013 Bowman Platinum a buy rating. You will need at least two boxes and some trading to complete both sets. Prospectors will love this set!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 10):
Base set collect-ability: 5/10
Big-hit Hunter: 8/10
Prospector Hunter: 10/10
Value: 7/10
Overall Quality: 10/10

Overall: 40/50 (80% = B)

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Back