Baseball 2013 All Star Game

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
American League wins.. 3-0

One of the better games in recent years!

Just a few comments from me (and some of these are my humble opinions... NOT the gospel).

- Jim Leyland managed the team as if this was the World Series. However!.. this is an All Star Game and it's all about the players... leaving the starters in until the end of the 6th Inning was very disappointing. Everyone should get a chance to play two innings.

- Prince Fielder's 275-pound belly flop as he ran out his triple was amazing... a guy that size has some speed!

- Mariano Rivera... "Enter Sandman"... 'nuff said

- Salvador Perez... first K.C. Royals to get a hit in the All Star Game since 1989 (Bo Jackson)... which was 10 months before Perez was born!

- MVP awarded to Rivera... disappointing, as this was a very nice gesture by MLB to a retiring pitcher, but one inning pitched, where he struck out one player and the other two outs were ground balls to the infield... sorry, I just don't see it.

It was an entertaining game, but I still wish that it had no significance on post season play. Also, I was disappointed my Braves boy Brian McCann didn't get into the game. I thought the whole point of the All Star game was to see everyone. It makes me think they actually wanted Puig there.

If there was a clear case for someone else as the MVP, I would have been bothered, but there wasn't.

Twins: 1-for-2
ex-Twins: 0-for-7 (and 1 hit allowed)

Back