Baseball 2009 Baseball America Top 10 Yankees Prospects

2009 Baseball America Top 10 Yankees Prospects « Zell’s Pinstripe Blog

I received my Baseball America magazine in the mail today and I thought I would share the Yankees Top 10 prospects. I disagree with a few of them. I would take Aceves, Suttle, and Coke off the list. Not that any of them are worthy or not, but I feel they should pull them off the list once they have made there major league debuts. I would have guys like Jairo Heredia and Jeremy Bleich added to the list for sure. I would also consider guys like Johnathan Ortiz or George Kontos. Not that he deserves to be on the list yet, but a guy named Arodys Vizcaino is an up and coming star in my opinion. He is very young and his stats are very impressive: Arodys Vizcaino’s player page.

Baseball America’s Top 10 Yankees Prospects

1. Austin Jackson OF
2. Jesus Montero, C
3. Andrew Brackman, RHP
4. Austin Romine, C
5. Dellin Betances, RHP
6. Zach McAllister, RHP
7. Alfredo Aceves, RHP
8. Phil Coke, LHP
9. Mark Melancon, RHP
10. Bradley Suttle, 3B

I'd move Coke up the list a bit he was brilliant, but then again he was used as a reliever.

All I know is they better not trade Austin Jackson in a deal for Peavy as that would also include Hughes and maybe Kennedy. If they do that they are dumb since they could have given less for JOhan

Interesting list. It will be cool to see who the Yanks end up with next season (even though I don't like the Yanks).

Back