2007/08 Exquisite Info

I recently bought a one pack blaster box of 07-08 Luxury Box that guarantees a GU - I pulled a 7-piece GU numbered 8/10. I paid $20. OK, you can maybe pull some super high end items from Exquisite, but your chances are just as good of pulling stuff that in no way would you get your money back. I would rather spend $20 and pull an Andrew Bogut GU then spend $500 and pull an Andrew Bogut GU and a Morris Almond (who?) Rookie Auto Patch. That's my point. I could buy 25 packs of the Luxury Box and get 25 GU (at least, maybe an auto here and there or a plate) for the same $500 that is spent on a pack of Exquisite. Which one is the better deal overall? If you should pull a Lebron/Kobe dual auto (assuming they have one in Exquisite), great, you will make your money back, but how many of those would be available?

lebron23vick7 said:
No acutally I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU MEAN. Your not guarenteed in other boxes what you are with Exquisite. The reason people pay these sometimes crazy prices is because the cost of the box.

TribeBuckeyeFan said:
I recently bought a one pack blaster box of 07-08 Luxury Box that guarantees a GU - I pulled a 7-piece GU numbered 8/10. I paid $20. OK, you can maybe pull some super high end items from Exquisite, but your chances are just as good of pulling stuff that in no way would you get your money back. I would rather spend $20 and pull an Andrew Bogut GU then spend $500 and pull an Andrew Bogut GU and a Morris Almond (who?) Rookie Auto Patch. That's my point. I could buy 25 packs of the Luxury Box and get 25 GU (at least, maybe an auto here and there or a plate) for the same $500 that is spent on a pack of Exquisite. Which one is the better deal overall? If you should pull a Lebron/Kobe dual auto (assuming they have one in Exquisite), great, you will make your money back, but how many of those would be available?

Some of us aren't in it for the money.

I'm the last person that's in it for the money. But to me, if you're buying $500packs, you're only in it for the money, trying to get that big score that can be put up on the 'bay. It's a lot easier to trade twenty $25 cards than it is to trade one $500 card. Most people that have that one high end card only want one, maybe two, cards in return. How many "collectors" do you know that will trade one $500 card for ten $50 cards? Not very many. Plus, when someone buys a pack like Exquisite, and all they pull are the Boguts and the Almonds, then they complain that they didn't get their money back.

Sorry, I tend to agree with Buckeye Fan. Especially from a player-collector viewpoint, it makes no sense to buy packs or cases of this expensive stuff. I'll wait for the cards I want to show up on E-Bay, rather than pay $500 to get 5 players I could care less about. And who honestly buys a $500 pack of cards and claims they aren't in it (even just a little) for the money?? Unless you're just filthy rich and have nothing better to do with your money, or you just want to do it one time for the adrenaline rush. ;)

Mods this is just a copy. Original is still in the forum.

This is getting ridiculous with a 3rd member jumping in.
I don't want this to escalate into something stupid.

With permission, I would like to close the thread but leave in the forums as it has Exquisite info members might be interested in.
Maybe delete some of the pointless posts :)

Ben leave this one here for reference. i removed a bunch of the posts from the original. If any of them start bickering again, LMK, and they can have some time off. It amazes me how people can't discuss things like adults without getting personal. Kids!! :rolleyes:

Back