Yet another eBay disappointment

Mechjo16

Hall of Fame
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
The ebay sellers ruin another HTF Classic.

The policy is simple. If the card sells is over $10 it DOES NOT go in a PWE. I don’t know who’s these sellers are still abale to buy the discounted envelope label. I Know I Can’t.

GU Norm Cash Fan Favorites shipped in a PWE with no support cardboard.

Another HTF Classic destroyed 😡 this has to be at least the Fifth one.

IMG_3740.jpegIMG_3741.jpeg

I'm 0-for-1 on eBay as of yesterday; first box set I've bought online, $22 thing and it came in a flimsy box that is apparently called a 'shipping' box but is nothing I would use to ship in, and it wasn't taped well. Not worth shipping back, and already the guy isn't taking care of it even though I gave him a very easy off-ramp.

MT

A little louder for the people in the back. Good grief
I’m all in for trying to save a buck whenever I can, and you may get lucky and send a relic in PWE and it arrives undamaged. My experience is that the relic card will arrive with at least small creases 90% of the time.

I’m all in for trying to save a buck whenever I can, and you may get lucky and send a relic in PWE and it arrives undamaged. My experience is that the relic card will arrive with at least small creases 90% of the time.
Agreed, when I was putting the jersey number commemorative set together last year, 4 judges yes 4 came in from eBay in pwe creased. 3 of which charged $5.25 for shipping so I thought for sure they’d come in a bubble mailer. Nope! Those cards are at least 120pt and they all were shipped in pwe. Unbelievable. I was finally able to trade for it here in SCC.

That was my life when I used to build 2003 Hot Prospects... literally would win a card for $0.99 and $2.50-3.00 for shipping in 2003, when padded mailers were only $0.63... and I'd get them in a plain white envelope, bent in two.

Related to this somewhat, is anybody using the below box to ship complete sets? Ads say it's for shipping but my recent set arrived in this box damaged and when I compare it to other boxes I see, it seems like it's asking for trouble.

MT

Attachments

• 88.jpg
    88.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 3
Related to this somewhat, is anybody using the below box to ship complete sets? Ads say it's for shipping but my recent set arrived in this box damaged and when I compare it to other boxes I see, it seems like it's asking for trouble.

MT
I usually ship sets in BCW boxes (then add packing material to minimize movement) then set that in another box with packing material.

I concur with everyone here, I have gotten a few cards from ebay sellers, some of whom have shipped in used and recycled PWEs! Now THAT is scraping the bottom of the barrel! Even with a card saver, you are still not guaranteed that your card will not get bent or damaged in the mail. I usually use cardboard or the cut off bottom of a folder in addition to a card saver or toploader when mailing, and go non-machinable for goodness sake!

I had some autographs I sold get lost in the mail one time about 15 years ago, and ebay ruled against me so I was out the money, unfortunately. I learned a tough lesson from that, and have always charged 5.99 shipping or more depending on the item (signed baseball, more like 10.99), but use that to mail in a bubble mailer with tracking or an 8x10 in a standard envelope with 2 pieces of cardboard, so it gets charged as a package rather than standard envelope weight. Still, its worth it when you are dealing with people you dont know on ebay, and ALSO dealing with USPS.

Typically on here if I am sending out a freebie, I do 3 stamps on a 9x13 envelope with cardboard since its a giveaway (if it arrives damaged, I will give you another photo!!). But if someone paid me for an item, I try to do my best with shipping, unless we agreed upon PWE being ok (and even then, I make sure to package safely, not knowing how rough the trip might be in the mail!!)

I get it, the card and memorabilia market is hot right now, which is great, but if sellers want to make a go of it, they need to realize that they are not going to be doing any business if they lose money on transactions they have to refund due to items arriving damaged!

That box I showed the P/N of above, is the outer box my cards arrived in. The seller did a really good job inside, not outside. I believe the box you're referencing is the inner box that the cards sit in.

MT