Baseball Yankees will offer a six-year, $150 million contract to Sabathia tomorrow?

Yankees will offer a six-year, $150 million contract to Sabathia tomorrow? « Zell’s Pinstripe Blog

According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, the Yankees will “aggressively extend a proposal” to C.C. Sabathia tomorrow. He believes the Yankees will go to “a financial region that no other franchise would even consider” to lure the ace. Sherman’s guess is an initial bid in the six-year, $150MM range (and that may not be the final offer).

from rotoworld.com:

The New York Post speculates that the Yankees will offer CC Sabathia a six-year, $150 million contract.

And that just may be where the bidding starts. The newspaper quotes “one Yankee executive” as saying that “we have to separate ourselves” and notes that “unless Sabathia really will reject the largest pitching package ever, the Yankees have the inside track.” If the Yankees fail to land Sabathia the newspaper reports that Derek Lowe and A.J. Burnett are “their next choices.”
A proposal already? I guess so. After 12:00AM tonight..all these FA players will hit the open market and any team has the right to negotiate with them. The Yankees are expected to be extremely aggressive and **** everyone out of the water, so they can make him a pitch that he can’t refuse. I want C.C. at any cost. He is the ace they have been missing for a long time now. Santana would have been great to have, but why trade Hughes when you can just give C.C. money. $150 million (for 6 years) is a ton of money..so I don’t think Sabathia can pass that up. I highly doubt any other team would match that offer.
[If the Yankees are successful in signing Sabathia, they hope to add A.J. Burnett or Derek Lowe next.]

Back