Football Why I think every single GU/Auto card should be a redemption

OldAdmin

Bench Warmer
I know this is going to has strong opposers but every single GU/Auto should be a redemption. Why, well I have 3 reasons I think this is a good idea.

1. Pack feelers can find thick cards with ease, making it difficult to get anything from retail.

2. Future collectors buy retail not hobby, so they don't get hooked as easy.

3. Cards get damaged in boxes, put them in a top loader and mail them to me.

I agree with your reasons, but the time it takes to recieve is ridiculous, besides, it's more exciting to pull the real thing rather then the redemptions.

Yea, I agree that the time that takes isn't cool. I think everyone of the redemptions should be internet entry ones. And they should be sent within a week. Like real companies do.

Yes, we all know that UD is by far the worse company in card trading. But I wouldn't be surprised if they are the only one in the future.

Ok, redemptions have their flaws. Long waits, lost in the mail, Shady mailmen, card shops taking over the redemption process.

If its a 500 dollar auto, then it should be a redemption.

But I do not want a redemption for a smush parker auto.

Admin said:
Yes, we all know that UD is by far the worse company in card trading. But I wouldn't be surprised if they are the only one in the future.

they already practically control hockey, ITG can still make cards but they aren't going to last forever making; H&P, Ice International, etc.

Having them sent to shops isn't a bad idea. It gets people into shops, which will make shops money, which means more shops, which means more traders. That is a good thing.

but not everybody has a shop near them. I have 1.....but boxes that sell for $115 online are $225, boxes for $60 are $125, etc. I know there is a lot more overhead, and distributor mark-ups, but there is also a lot of price gouging going on as well.

The point is that if they had more customers though, boxes wouldn't be so much more. How are kids supposed to get cards when their is nothing around because people only buy online?

Admin said:
The point is that if they had more customers though, boxes wouldn't be so much more. How are kids supposed to get cards when their is nothing around because people only buy online?

True good point.

I worked in the supplement industry for a few years, and there are certain brands that WILL NOT sell to online stores, they only sell to Brick and Mortar. This creates a more loyal customer base, from both the stores buying from the manufacturer and the consumer, maybe somethign the card industry should try

Yea, they shold release exquisite again, but make it so that their are 100% no online sales from distributers or direct.

Agree with those points Joe, but I'm sick and tired of waiting 2 yrs to get an auto redemption from UD! Half the time you don't even get sent what you sent in for. I'd rather pull it outta the pack and have it in hand straight away, more satisfying! :D

yea, if your lucky enough to get a box that isn't searched, probably 80% of all boxes on ebay are manipulated in some way. Either they search the cases or reseal or something. Something else that UD is terrible at. Making all the boxes tamper evident.

Admin said:
yea, if your lucky enough to get a box that isn't searched, probably 80% of all boxes on ebay are manipulated in some way. Either they search the cases or reseal or something. Something else that UD is terrible at. Making all the boxes tamper evident.

box/packet tampering is one of the biggest let downs in the hobby. They even reseal boxes that have been searched now with shrink wrap!
I get my boxes off a reliable source, i've never had a problem with him.

Back