White Sox acquire Nick Swisher

DNoz29

Bench Warmer
Link

Wow, I didn't think Billy Beane would trade Nick Swisher. If he gets traded, then no one on the A's is safe.

Needless to say, this is significantly a better return than he got on the Haren deal.

While I didn't want to see Gio Gonzales get moved, I like the deal. It's not like the White Sox farm system was great to begin with, so I don't mind seeing prospects moved for a known commodity like Swisher. Plus, I've loved the way this guy plays every time I've seen him.

While I didn't want to see Gio Gonzales get moved, I like the deal. It's not like the White Sox farm system was great to begin with, so I don't mind seeing prospects moved for a known commodity like Swisher. Plus, I've loved the way this guy plays every time I've seen him.
That's what I was thinking. I like prospects and all, but Swisher is the type of player every team should have. I think he'll bounce back from a mildly disappointing 2007 and have a big '08 (35-40 HR).

The A's are getting a stacked farm system :shock:
Definitely. They could still move Joe Blanton, Huston Street, Bobby Crosby and others. They're definitely replenishing their farm system, though. It hasn't been that great since they promoted all their guys.

Great trade for both teams. I think probably better for the White Sox, as they weren't gonna use Gio, de la Cruz (or whoever the other P prospect is) or Sweeney in a major role in '08.

Swisher could fit in CF and fill out that problem, keep Dye in RF, with Fields in LF and Crede, if they don't unload him, at 3B.

A's will struggle, but they are the Marlins of the AL, but with a GM that is willing to do more to win, but who is also stuck with a terrible football stadium to play baseball in.

Back