What sports cards are the most valuable?

bauss

Bench Warmer
What sports cards do you dream about owning if you collect cards?

I'm not a big card collector, but I do have a huge collection of hockey cards from when I was younger. I know I have a few jewels like a Mario Lemieux rookie card. But I doubt it's worth very much.

Maybe I'll try to sell my whole collection one day.

My "dream collection" would have to be the 1909-11 T206 Tobacco cards. Of course the Honus Wagner would NEVER be in my set due to the cost... but I can dream!

My dream is to eventually have a complete baseball card collection(which would take quite a few cards). I have a few Barry Bonds cards but i'm hoping to buy a few more; some of them run into the $800 range - so it might take a little time for me to complete that set haha.

My Dream set would have to be 05-06 The Cup Hockey, really every year I would like to get, but price will keep me from that dream, total Count I have-7 AU/RCs, 3 Insert Auto's, 3 base, got a long way to go! Lol!

I also like the T-206 and other cards of that era. Sadly, unless you literally have unlimited funds it's not really reasonable to think you could collect a full set of any of those. For the average person it would be a lifetime project to get most of them in decent condition. And, as you mentioned, the Wagner and a few others are virtually unobtainable.

Back