Racing Truex problems

...and I found this question and answer hilarious:

QUESTION: Is it possible NAPA go to another race team with you as the driver?

ANSWER: "We do have a great relationship...

A great relationship? Wake up Martin... that's like saying "my wife packed up all her belongings and moved out, but we have a great relationship..."

The one thing that is so puzzling about this whole "did they cheat?" scenario is... Truex is the one getting the short end of the stick.

Bowyer spins out, Vickers pits... and these two "decisions" were made by someone higher up in the chain-of-command (who is suspended for now), but after everything is said and done... Truex gets pulled from the Cup Chase, loses his primary sponsor and could possibly be without a ride next year (I'm sure someone in the Nationwide or Truck Series will grab him up, but that's NOT the same).

NOT a fan of Truex... and really sick about the whole "MWR cheated" scenario, but why is this one driver taking all the heat?

...and now MWR makes the statement:

(per a report by jayski.com): Waltrip ... said that if Truex could find another deal, he wouldn't hold him back even though two years remain on his contract.

So, it sounds like Waltrip is giving up on on Truex.

jayski.com is also reporting this about Truex:

Right now, there's only one other real deal out there  the Furniture Row Racing #78 car. That team is self-funded by Barney Visser, who owns the furniture chain. Furniture Row general manager Joe Garone said he was interested in Truex, and he likely could wait a while for Truex to make a decision.

Back