Today's Sports Card Rant - Use Penny Sleeves!

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
It's sad enough that you see people trying to sell their cards on sites, eBay, FaceBook, etc. and the cards are in a top loader but NOT in a penny sleeve, but when you go to the LCS, or a Card Show, or see on-line dealers offer cards in top loaders, but NO penny sleeve, it's just upsets me to the point I will move on... no more business from me.

Getting off the soap box...

For LCS I don't mind so much if they aren't in penny sleeves but if I'm getting something in the mail it ticks me off. Even worse is when the seller tapes everything closed including the outer envelope with so much regular scotch tape, or clear packing tape it takes longer to open up the package than it would to drive to the Topps plant, break into their warehouse take a truckload of cases of cards and drive back home.

My LCS often has cards in those cardsavers w/no penny sleeve which for being displayed in a store is fine (they never tape them shut), but there are way too many part-time sellers and Ebay sellers who use those things to ship in PWEs with tape over the opening and nothing else in the envelope.

If you are going to use tape when shipping cards use painters tape it might look ugly but it doesn't leave the tape residue that the other tapes do. Also if using any tape the kind thing to do is to make a "tab" by folding one of the ends over on itself to make removing the tape easier.

Back