Hockey Three-way deal in works?

Bryan_Mc

HockeyJonesin'
" A hot rumour in NHL circles has him discussing a three-way blockbuster with the Chicago Blackhawks and Los Angeles Kings, Sun Media has learned. While draft picks and other players might also be involved, the principals appear to be a group of five or six that include a couple of veteran goalies and some of the game's most promising stars. According to insiders, Ottawa would trade netminder Martin Gerber and defenceman Andrej Meszaros to Los Angeles, the Kings would move 20-year-old centre Anze Kopitar to Chicago and the Blackhawks would propel goalie Nikolai Khabibulin and either of young blueliners Brent Seabrook or Cam Barker to the Senators. "

CANOE -- SLAM! Sports - Hockey NHL - Ottawa - Three-way deal in works?

wow if that happens hawks will certainly improve on scoring power and make them possible contenders........a lot of teams made huge changes can't wait for the upcoming season it is going to be a good one........

Honestly, if I made out a Hawks shopping list Kopitar would surely be very high on that list. Love his play, youth, and enthusiasm. He has Joe Thornton capabilities in my eyes.

That is a very interesting deal for sure that will help all three teams.The Sens need a solid goalie, and should get that in Khabibulin. Getting a defenseman like a Seabrook, or Barker will help their defense if they give up Meszaros in this deal to LA. LA would be helped by Gerber in net as well. The best player in this deal is Anze Kopitar, and the Hawks would be getting the best player to go with all that young talent they have. With the edition of Huet, it was writing on the wall that Khabibulin's days were numbered in Hawkland. They are exactly at the cap (actually a bit over if you include bonuses) ,so moving out the high priced goalie, and a D-man for Kopitar must put them at the cap, or under, or it wouldn't work.

Like Most of it

I like most of these possibilities but would prefer Barker over Seabrook right now. Brent seems to play well off Duncan Keith. He does need to toughen up a bit and get a little more physical but he has good sense. Barker I like too but he seems light on his skates and doesn't take risks enough.
Now the Hawks have Campbell, it does make sense for this deal
Kopitar would be a HUGE asset.

Even if this deal doesn't go through, I think the Hawks have good shot at playoffs this year.

Back