Football The good news and bad news of Daunte Culpepper's UFL landing

OilMan

Bench Warmer
Daunte Culpepper - is about to be employed as a professional football player once again. It won't be with an NFL team, though. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, it will be with the UFL's Sacramento Mountain Lions.

Not being able to land a job anywhere in the NFL, even as a third-stringer, has got to be difficult to accept for Culpepper, who most recently played quarterback for the Detroit Lions. We're talking about a two-time All-Pro, a three-time Pro Bowler and a guy who once graced the cover of Madden.

The good news and bad news of Daunte Culpepper's UFL landing - Shutdown Corner - NFL* - Yahoo! Sports

Yup read that earlier today ron and am happy and sad at the same time.
dautne was one of my favorites starting back in his UCF days, sad to see a great career go down the drain due to injuries

Just amazing how his career has fallen so fast. He should be playing his best right not now but he can't even make a team as a back-up.

He may be too old to make a comeback but you never know.. JP Losman played in the Arena League last year and did good now hes back in the NFL..Ricky Williams, Jeff Garcia, Warren Moon, Tommy Maddox, Doug FLutie, and Kurt Warner all come to mind playing in another league then comming back to the NFL and having some success.

Does anyone know if he attempted to come to the CFL?? I bet he would make more money and there is better competition in the CFL

Don't know about CFL, article didn't say anything about it if he tried there...I agree the players are probably better and the competition too in the CFL.

I for one, thought that combination of Culpepper to Moss was going to be around for a long time.

OilMan said:
Don't know about CFL, article didn't say anything about it if he tried there...I agree the players are probably better and the competition too in the CFL.

I for one, thought that combination of Culpepper to Moss was going to be around for a long time.

Green left, the OL fell apart, and Culpepper got hurt. All those things really hurt the Vikings and what could have been a dangerous passing combination.

Back