Football Super Bowl Ads and Halftime

sportydude

Bench Warmer
The game was really great to watch, though it was dominated by the Colts in the stats column. But the Bears where able to stay close the whole game. Most of thir points coming from Devin Hester's kickoff return. But the downside of the night, was the commericials and halftime. I will start with the Ads, prolly the worst overall I have seen. There werent many, if any, of the LOL funny ones. My favorite of them was prolly the Bud Light one, with them in the school. Or the rock, papper, sissors one. Or the slap one. But overall, most of them were really odd and boring. Halftime...oh boy...Prince?! Did HE pay THEM?! Jezz! That was THE worst Halftime perfomance! He looks like Michael Jackson! :eek: :eek: I better hide!! lol This was the first time that I had ever turned the tv on MUTE during a football game and listened to my own music! But the music I listened to was awesome....Black Parade, baby! Well...that is it. Just my .02, feel free to critize it or w/e.

Commercials sucked! Dont even compare to previous years. Only one I liked was the lost white dog bud commerical.

I went in the other room during half time - could care less about some washed up hasbeen from the 80s.

I can only assume that you two are young and do not yet appreciate music that lasts - Prince rocked the halftime show. Come back and see me in 20 years and tell me that Black Parade (who?) is still able to put on a show like Prince that late into their careers.

As for the commercials - I could have done without Jessica Simpson, hot as she is. The rock, paper, scissors commercial was hilarious, as was the slapping commercial - I laughed out loud with those two in particular.

TribeBuckeyeFan said:
I can only assume that you two are young and do not yet appreciate music that lasts - Prince rocked the halftime show. Come back and see me in 20 years and tell me that Black Parade (who?) is still able to put on a show like Prince that late into their careers.

As for the commercials - I could have done without Jessica Simpson, hot as she is. The rock, paper, scissors commercial was hilarious, as was the slapping commercial - I laughed out loud with those two in particular.
No, the Black Parade is a song. It is by My Chemical Romance and is really called "Welcome to the Black Parade".

Same comment still applies - come back in 20 years and let's see where My Chemical Romance is. I listen to alot of different music, and I've never heard of them. If there was a way to do it, I would lay a large bet that they won't be around as long as Prince.

I just think Prince is "not cool"....my opinion...nice guitar solos! But not a good performance in my mind.

EDIT: Sorry bout that admin. ;)

I have to say that I thought the halftime was very subpar. I personally thought their were many other bands that would have been muhc better then Prince. Bring back a band that isn't together anymore, or unite someone from old school and new school. Heck, bring back MJ and have him moonwalk across the middle or do thriller. I just don't think the halftime show was as blockbuster as what I expect it to be.

The Carlos Mencia bud light commercial was the best. Now what do you say when someone asks you for a bud light?
No speak english.

hey every1 just my opinions I think commercials sucked this year the highlights for me were slapping,the doritos commercial with the wreck,and the rock one was good as well those were about the best ones to me and as far as prince goes the first song sucked but the other 2 were pretty good and Im not a prince fan at all he basicly had the crowd in his hands for purple rain I think the performance was better than the stones like most people say and every1 likes the stones ..that about is a wrap

TribeBuckeyeFan said:

I have to agree with Tribe here........Prince packs the house wherever he goes, even to this day............his past concerts are well known to bring the entire house to it's knees. Since becoming a Jehovahs witness he's toned down the racier aspects of his act.
Quoted from Wikiipedia:
"The event was carried “to the biggest audience of his life -- 140 million television viewers”.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_(musician)#_note-Hoekstra Overall, the show was energetic and quite well-received by the rain-soaked audience surrounding the stage. Most professional music critics have been enthusiastic about his performance, one calling it "arguably the best halftime show in Super Bowl history"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_(musician)#_note-Hoekstra, and others saying it was one of the best ever even through the foggy weather.

On a side note, I don't watch commercials.........

i missed the bud weiser com, like with the frog throwing his tongue out for the bud weiser truck and his tongue getting stuck to the truck and then you see the frog going for a ride,,, and the three frogs saying bud, weise, er,, or the chick fight that was awsome and prince was great didnt hear songs little red corvette, when doves cry, 1999 but i wished he sang one of those other songs i mentioned instead of proud mary or even had tina turner cameo and maybe sing proud mary with him.. not by himself

Well here's my 2 cents....as for the com. i liked the bud ones and the blockbuster one. As for Prince, to the first two posted on here. If you wanna hear some great solos of his rent the movie purple rain, Granted i would have liked to have heard him do more of his own music. But all in all i think it was a pretty good half time show.

I watched the Halftime show, and hardly any of the game.

The halftime show was great I though, Prince is a great guitarist. I wish people would appricieate it. He really pulled it off, in the rain and all.
And playign guitar isn't easy.

id have to say that actually my favorite commercial for some reason was the sierra mist beard combover commerical. i dont know y but i couldnt stop laughing and then when he stood up and had the short shorts with the pockets showing and the rollerblades. I dont know it must just be me and my stupid sense of humor, but other wise their werent that many good ones, also like the snickers one, again my sense of humor.

Back