State of the hobby

ricky_mn

Prospect
Transactions: 8
So I took a half a year break from buying cards but what I've noticed since I've been back eBay has changed for the worst before sellers would list damage on cards to let you know what you were buying those days are long gone now you can list the card in very good condition you can hide any damage on the card by putting it at whatever angle you want to take a photo of and when your card shows up damaged you don't have a leg to stand on because listing their card in a very good condition covers a wide variety of damage to the card that they don't need to disclose I was burnt so many times this month on cards. But what really gets me is the sellers thereselfs eBay has become just a toxic place for buyers I literally had 2 cards show up today totally damaged one was a game used Hall of famer number to 25 and I was told by the seller that I shouldn't even be contacting him I should be bringing it up with the post office he totally refuses to give any sort of refund for his packing job and I'm supposed to file a claim with the post office. The second seller listed the card in mint condition put it in the top sleeve with a penny sleeve stood the card straight up and down in the photo so you couldn't see all the surface damage and staining on the front of the card and was literally told by the seller that this was my fault I was dumbfounded how have the hobby gone straight into the garbage in a few months I'm at the point now I don't even argue with them I just leave neutral feedback exposing what they're doing so the rest of the people can watch for this stuff as anyone else came across this issue when buying cards on eBay recently what are your thoughts

Make a eBay claim or return claim that’s what I do.

What I’ve been experiencing lately is how horrible ebay economy shipping is. The PO hardly ever tracks it. Then buyers say they never got card and make claim and automatically get refund. Even if it does track and first get the final delivery scan, buyer gets a refund. There is no way everyone is not getting there cards. Was burnt for about $60 last month. Unfortunately it’s bubble mailer only now.

Oh I'm there with you too I had a 64 pitching leaders in beat up shape and this guy started hounding me about what my lowest price was and everything and I told them four bucks you know and he came back a little too eager asking me to accept his offer he'll pay immediately so it can be shipped right away. I shipped it that day plain white envelope which was stated in the description there's no tracking and I said it's at your own risk in my description but after about 4 days he started asking me well where's my card did you mail it when did you mail it what time in the day did you mail it and I knew right then and there this guy was going to scam me and sure enough 2 Days later he's like do you know when my cards going to show up and I'm like dude I'm not the post office and he started asking for a refund on shipping because I didn't provide tracking and I knew he was going to say he never received it and sure enough today was the cut off day of when it was supposed to arrive first thing this morning I get a refund request but I reached out the eBay and they said he won't be receiving a refund from me but that doesn't mean he's not going to get one from eBay

Oh I'm there with you too I had a 64 pitching leaders in beat up shape and this guy started hounding me about what my lowest price was and everything and I told them four bucks you know and he came back a little too eager asking me to accept his offer he'll pay immediately so it can be shipped right away. I shipped it that day plain white envelope which was stated in the description there's no tracking and I said it's at your own risk in my description but after about 4 days he started asking me well where's my card did you mail it when did you mail it what time in the day did you mail it and I knew right then and there this guy was going to scam me and sure enough 2 Days later he's like do you know when my cards going to show up and I'm like dude I'm not the post office and he started asking for a refund on shipping because I didn't provide tracking and I knew he was going to say he never received it and sure enough today was the cut off day of when it was supposed to arrive first thing this morning I get a refund request but I reached out the eBay and they said he won't be receiving a refund from me but that doesn't mean he's not going to get one from eBay

Yep l, that’s the game they were playing on me. So now when they try to chew me down I just block them.

I just took off all my lower end cards until I can figure out a better alternative to the tracking issue I didn't even want to really invest in a thermal printer I've already put enough into the hobby I don't need to put more in just to sell what I got to get back something

Back