Baseball Spoke too Soon....... UD Drops the Ball Again

Moosehead

HALL OF FAME FREAK
Several long time members know about my pursuit for the 2008 UD Ballpark Single Swatch Jersey Auto set. It's a huge set, 78 total- and was not serial numbered. A month after the product dropped UD released a print run and some of the cards were crazy low- Pujols /5 (thanks SQ) Braun, Wang, Papelbon/10 and several others numbered to 25. There were 6 redemptions- 2 Jeters, 2 Griffey Jr's, Bill Hall and Melvin Mora. I redeemed all of them prior to SEPTEMBER 2008. All said "Athelete committed to signing soon, please be patient." After several calls to UD I was told in August of 09 they'd ship within the week, then again in Nov that the cards were in hand and would be out shortly.
Today I received a 2007 UD Masterpieces Griffey Jr auto as a replacement for one of Ballpark Griffey's. Called UD and they said "tough luck, cards aren't going to be produced- expect replacements on the rest." I know that's the nature of the game, but after waiting a year and a half and having big bucks invested in the set and finding out 2 of the biggest names in it are no longer, UD sucks. 1 week after praising them for sending a great replacement.... I should have kept my mouth shut.

Yea UD does drop the ball a lot. I had a TUUKKA RASK 2007-08 SP AUTHENTIC HOCKEY AUTO FUTURE WATCH LIMITED #ED TO 100 CD # 201, but no card in sight since 4/24/08...makes me mad:mad:

I have filed so many complaints about upper deck, thats all you can really do. After enough complaints they restructure and handle old complaints, so all you can do is express your displeasure, put a value on it and send it off. They'll eventually get to it.

As much as I hate to say it, I prefer their product over topps and all the other crap out there.

Back