Recent adds to 2 sets

Krusin

retired hippie
Some nice cards this week & some nice cards still on the way. Adding 2 cards to both the Vertical & the Horizontal RPA sets from 2012 Dominion Hockey. Very close to finishing the Vertical set :) .

Cody Hodgson 23/99

Zack Kassian 19/99

Erik Gustafsson 11/26

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins 29/93 ("H" from Hopkins?)

Last edited by a moderator:
is the window on the horizontal bigger or just seem that way because of the diecut nature of the vertical?

The horizontal patches are much bigger, the true rookies for the release are the Verticals. I'm just trying the Horizontal set because it's gonna be impossible & will give me something to chase for years. There are 2 players that have jersey number of 2 & the set is #'d to the jersey #.

i wouldnt be concerned about the years, id be worried about cost :doh:

when i did my 2002 Gridiron Badges set it took 3 years for an Emmitt Smith to surface on eBay and cost me $310 :shock: for a PATCH :wall:

i think i still came out like roses as a whole for 2002 Topps Chrome, thats where i began my flipping adventure....ive owned at least 1 of each card in the set/subset, 2 of most, and really should have held onto a few...in sure my Ed Reed Black Refractors /100 are much better now than they were back then...then again i did get over $100 each on Carr, Shockey, Harrington, and Portis....:shifty:

i also met a guy off ebay at my grandmas house where he picked up 6 or 7 black rookie refractors for $350 :lollol: i remember Marquise Walker was one of them...

i still have no clue how dude came into all the cards in the lot he put on ebay for $1500, boxes were $70+ kicked out 8 or 9 RCs 1:3 of the 100 in the set, so hitting all different rcs each time, thats $770 right there...the black base refs were 1:11 and there were 165 of those...i think the RC blacks were 1:110? and there were 100 of those...i probably opened 30 boxes and pulled 2 Gridiron Badges (26 in the set i think)...i got all but 3 or 4 in the lot (Smith, Marshall Faulk which was next to impossible even at /25 or /50), i think i got 11 of the Bradshaw blacks /25 that peaked at $75 EACH...

i made about $3500 on that lot AFTER FEES...

GREAT pickups Bud. That Nugent-Hopkins is a massive card, right? Don't really know, but I love the patch!

The RNH is the 1st in either set I paid over 100 for, picked it up on a regular auction sniped for 104 & I was very happy to get it at that price. I do have a Best Offer in for a Landeskog vertical that's higher, me & the guy are going back & forth with counter offers. I've gotten excellent buys on many of the cards so far, if the best offer gets accepted I'll be down to 5 cards for the Vertical set.

Back