Quitting the hobby...

I sell crack to children to support my hobby

I do too, that's one of the other issues with me collecting. ;)

I have quit for long stretches. Always come back. Change focus and only spend money off stuff I sell (typically). Good luck. It is probably for the best, as material possessions are not nearly as important as personal relationships.

The only things I have left to sell are PC, so I agreed to keep all of those (Boise state stuff, a couple of Donald Brown cards that were either free or graded, and my Jackson collection.) and get rid of the rest. It is definitely for the best, and I wish I'd have known sooner how she felt about them...

Everyone and every relationship is different. My wife does the courtesy nagging occassionally, more just because she feels it is her wifely duty to do so. She's said it doesn't bother her, I could have worse vices than this and if it makes me happy then have at it. She gives me the gears about watching too much sports as well, but ultimately it is done tongue in cheek than her actually being mad about it. If it really bothered her I'd probably cut down 1% though ;)

Sorry to hear. I hope you stay around and I hope everything goes well with the wife.

Back