Hockey Question about 2012-13 Hockey Game-Used

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
Let's see what type of comments the site gets from this question:

With the National Hockey League in dire-straits, and the possibility of the 2012-13 Hockey season being cancelled completely, when (or should I say "if") the 2012-13 Hockey cards are issued, how can the companies actually produce 2012-13 Game-Used?

Will there be a disclaimer on the cards saying something such as "the game-used memorabilia on the front of this card WAS NOT actually worn during the 2012-13 season"?

They use whatever pieces they have from other years. Very seldom do they ever state that it's from such, and such year on hockey cards. They still make Lemieux, and Gretzky GU cards. It would be pretty hard for them to slap the 12-13 disclaimer on a card with their memorabilia on it seeing neither has played in years. I think ITG may do that on some of their sets, but I doubt UD does on anything.

lol...can't believe you would even bring up UD. Didn't they get criticized earlier this year for obtaining and using game-used, that ended up NOT being game used?

I think it is Panini that issues sets that same "from a game played during the 2012-13 season".

Panini may, I don't really buy their products very often, and when I do it's usually just autos. It was reported that Upper Deck had bought a bunch of game used jerseys from a source that was found to be selling fakes. I can just imagine how much of that made it onto their cardboard.

Back