Football Pros and Cons of the Lions picking Calvin Johnson (mainly for Josh)

#11 Roy Williams

Bench Warmer
Pros: He is hella good.
Make an endzone threat.

Cons:
They don't need another WR.
They had the 4th best passing attack in the NFL.
They have usually scored enough points, but their defense just throws it away.
They need defense.
They already have a #1 WR.
Would be very expensive to pay Roy and Calvin.
I'm sure Roy would demand a trade if Calvin turns out to be good and gets the #1 spot.
They need defense.
They need defense.
Their defense *****.

Very repetitive, but very true.

I say trade down for another first rounder, and get more picks so they could get Pat Willis, or another good defensive player (LaRon Landry?), a CB, DE, and all the other positions they need... and hopefully get Stanton or Edwards.

how about this..

Pros: He is hella good.
Make an endzone threat
He sells tickets
He will be the best WR the Lions ever had.
He Could very well be the Best LION WR this year.
He is BY FAR the BEST Athlete in the Draft
The LIONS won't get better by drafting another defensive guy in the first round (See Last year)
The Lions Won't get better until they fire Matt Millen.
The Lions don't want to mess up like the Pistons did with the #2 pick and draft for needs. (passed on wade, melo, howard, bosh etc...)(didn't have a dominate big man to go along with big ben until they traded for rasheed 1/2 way through the season. Thats after they figured out Darko was a bust)

BOTTOM LINE

The Lions will regret not drafting him 2-3 years from now.

I also just read some rumors that the lions have visited with Adrian Peterson from OU

Yes, he could do that. He could sell tickets, but that's great. Does that help us fans in trying to win games? Nope. But, if they draft Calvin Johnson, hopefully the Lions will do very well, than I will sell my Roy stuff, and wait till he gets traded to pick up stuff of his new team :)

nah CJ and Roy will be the 1-2 punch.

You gotta remember, detroit was last in rushing due a large part of our top 3 RB's went on IR.

We are loaded this year at RB, and we picked up a linemen in a trade. I think we will be allright.

i say pick up a rb or qb defense need work but witha qb better then they have williams can get a nice person to thhrow the ball to witha rb u got a threat at running back with another wr makes a one two punch.

got this of cnnsi

DETROIT LIONS

Key Debate: Can they take another receiver early in the first round? Jon Kitna is OK, but who is the quarterback of the future?

My Advice: Conventional wisdom says take Joe Thomas or Gaines Adams, but passing on Calvin Johnson at No. 2 would go against the theory of taking the best available player. Adding Johnson in the first round and Trent Edwards or Drew Stanton in the second round sets up the Lions offense for years. There are enough pass rushers in this draft to get one in later rounds.

Pros: They face the Bears only 2 times a year
Cons: DAAAA BEARS!!!!! will beat them two times this year

ahahah just giving you a hard time since i love my Bears lol

CJ is the best player in the draft. He has the physical size and skills to potentially be one of the best WR's to ever play the game! Should Oakland take him? I would say, no. A QB is more valuble to them right now, although Johnson could really help that horrible offense (If they get a QB who can throw the ball better than my dead grandmother). It is hard to pass on CJ, but I think the Raiders and Lions are the only teams that can justify it. If I was Detroit, I would take CJ or trade to 4 and take either Quinn, Peterson, or Thomas. But, I am not, Matt Millen has the control, so the reality is, whatever he does, will not only be wrong, but likely ruin a promising young players future. :)

Back