Basketball Pippen to be introduced by Jordan at Hall ceremony

bjtheman1

Bench Warmer
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts (AP)—Fittingly, Scottie Pippen will have Michael Jordan by his side again when he goes into the Hall of Fame.

Pippen will be presented by his former Chicago Bulls teammate when he is inducted Friday night. Each inductee is presented by a current Hall of Famer. Jordan was enshrined last year.

Pippen will be inducted twice Friday. Pippen and Jordan, who led the Chicago Bulls to six NBA titles, were part of the Dream Team that highlights the class along with Karl Malone and the 1960 U.S. Olympic team.

Malone will be presented by former Knicks center Willis Reed.

Scottie very well deserves a spot in the Hall. Glad to see he wasn't too overshadowed by Jordan. Although Jordan was the scorer, i believe Scottie was the backbone of the Bulls dynasty.

Pippen more than just sidekick - NBA News - FOX Sports on MSN

.....Did you see Jordan’s speech at his Hall of Fame induction last year?

That’s what Batman looks like without the guy with the yellow cape next to him, bringing out the best in him.

Without Pippen, we wouldn’t have wanted to Be Like Mike.

So, yeah, Pippen is Robin, and so be it. Look at the record. Robin is one of the best teammates, biggest winners, best good guys and baddest men of all time.

My son is 5 now, and he loves Batman, as he should. We all love Batman, as we should. But it’s been a long time for me, and so I’d forgotten who Robin was, what he meant. The old stereotypes clouded my mind. The sidekick. Second banana city. I tell my son not to make his friends play Robin. I didn’t get it.

The people who really know basketball, they know.

The kids do, too. They don’t mind being Robin. Robin is Batman’s friend. His teammate. Batman couldn’t be great without him. Robin saves the day. He’s a good guy and a bad man. He can do anything.

The kids would have gotten Pippen. Last night, before I started writing, I asked my son who Robin was. The boy didn’t blink.

“He’s a superhero.”

Damn straight

Back